Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 9:18 pm

They can't seem to remember anything you tell them so they continue to repeat the questions on multiple occasions. Elaine pointed that out. Same thing with me. It's not their priority to remember details in our lives since we are at the bottom of the hierarchy.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 3:36 am

Some people are just forgetful, chances are it's nothing personal. I have to remember stuff for people often, but even I forget stuff now and then.

Granted, having a usually good memory can be annoying, because you have to answer the same questions multiple times, but chances are it's not personal, they just forgot, like people sometimes do.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 4:57 am

HistoryGal wrote:
They can't seem to remember anything you tell them so they continue to repeat the questions on multiple occasions. Elaine pointed that out. Same thing with me. It's not their priority to remember details in our lives since we are at the bottom of the hierarchy.

I think one reason our memories are better is due to sensory sensitivity. We have more impressions coming in and more associations to make with an experience.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 8:44 am

Perhaps but it's still irritating. People make efforts to remember what they consider important.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 8:46 am

I learned that NT's are a bit creeped out over our excellent memories. It also makes us look needy if we reveal how much we remember to a person.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 8:48 am

My memory would be an "NT" memory then lol. I'm quite forgetful. I have a "selective" memory.

My memory for facts is excellent. I don't know the way around my local mall, though. And I forget important practical details.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 8:55 am

Well than you probably remember basic facts about your friends.

I think NT's prioritize the people they are going to remember anything about.

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 8:59 am

HistoryGal wrote:
I learned that NT's are a bit creeped out over our excellent memories. It also makes us look needy if we reveal how much we remember to a person.

^^^^^yes!

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 9:05 am

Right, you have to tone it down in regards to our memories. Why make people feel more important than they are?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 9:52 am

Unless someone has done a study of NT memory vs AS memory then the conclusion that one is better than the other is purely subjective.

For the record I have a poor memory. Several others have posted they have a poor memory too, when the subject has been brought up in the past.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 9:57 am

EzraS wrote:
Unless someone has done a study of NT memory vs AS memory then the conclusion that one is better than the other is purely subjective.

For the record I have a poor memory. Several others have posted they have a poor memory too, when the subject has been brought up in the past.

Kind of ironic that you remembered that. :lol:

Last edited by Lost_dragon on 25 Nov 2017, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 9:58 am

Ezra, nice of you to throw shade on my thread.

Of course you missed the context of this thread as evidenced by your reply.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 10:06 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Kind of ironic that you remembered that. :lol:

I can remember it has taken place before, but not the details.

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2017, 10:06 am

HighLlama wrote:
HistoryGal wrote:

I think one reason our memories are better is due to sensory sensitivity. We have more impressions coming in and more associations to make with an experience.

I think this is all probably true. You do find yourself reminding NT's what they said in the past. Part of the diagnostic criteria, at least in the UK for Aspies, is a good long-term memory (mine certainly is) and a poor short-term memory (again, that's me). I have to be told repeatedly how to do simple routines at work and will forget what someone has just told me, unless they repeat it.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 10:12 am

I don't think this has to do with actual ability to remember as much as it is about the NT only choosing to recall things about certain people. They do it to each other. It's in the pecking order. I don't waste time exchanging meaningless pleasantries with people who are indifferent to me.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 10:13 am

HistoryGal wrote:
Ezra, nice of you to throw shade on my thread.

Of course you missed the context of this thread as evidenced by your reply.

Not at all. I forget details and often repeat things because of it.

But that's still just anecdotal and subjective regarding whether NT or AS have a better memory within the context of the original post.