Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 9:49 am

Oh yeah that's right. Let's not forget the special lil people from the established special families in town that get to do as they pleased.

Elaine has it right. Most are as*holes.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 1:50 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Oh yeah that's right. Let's not forget the special lil people from the established special families in town that get to do as they pleased.

Elaine has it right. Most are as*holes.

My brother and this other kid wrote and drew some nasty stuff in one of those tourist books that the schools hand out in the spring. The kid's mom and the principal both thought that my brother was the bad influence. The principal said the other bot came from a "good Christian" family. My mom thought both boys should be punished for what they did. I'm pretty sure my brother was punished more severely.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 1:55 pm

TheAllegedlyQuietOne wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
Answer: free access to expensive text books and the bell to go home.

Text books over here are an absolute rort, I have a book on telecommunications networks which was required reading for a university subject. It cost AU $150. I later discovered, the exact same book, same publisher, sells in the United States for $US 60. The Australian dollar at the time was close to $0.90US.

The latest trend in education is a push toward privately administered standardized testing, which appears designed to sell overpriced texts and study guides to anxious schools and parents. Glad I was out of there well before that trend started.

Most scholarships won't even cover the costs of the textbooks. The other sucky part is when the book is not in stock at the book store and you wait like two weeks to get the book and you can't complete assignments without it.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 2:04 pm

For me it was:
- sensory overload, constantly felt dizzy and sick
- difficulty with personal grooming due to sensory issues
- mandatory subjects seemed irrelevant and pointless
- vaguely aware of not fitting in, but didn't care too much

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 2:16 pm

The Musings Of The Lost wrote:
ladyelaine wrote:
HistoryGal wrote:
I prefer animals to most people especially the coddled lil people that never pay consequences for their actions.

I'm sick of the special lil people not suffering consequences for their actions.

I HATE these people with a passion.
Once one tried to stab me and he got off without a punishment simply because he family was rich.
I got a suspension and was threatened with expulsion because i kicked him in the stomach and dropped him to the ground to stop him.
Later I told him if he ever tried anything sgain, I would kill him.
He never tried anything

Rich people are the worst.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Jan 2018, 3:11 pm

I enjoyed lessons but disliked school.

I basically thought school was an exercise in getting all the questions right. I did that. It wasn't that.

I was pretty bad at all the bonding and stuff. I hated the concept of homework. I hated the hustle and bustle and the noise. I liked the predictable elements, but not unpredictable elements (like "rotating" lessons). Oh and I didn't really like lessons which didn't fall into the "get all the questions right" trap, particularly textiles.