Page 3 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 9:04 pm

I did pretty well in school. I never received any sort of "award," except one time in third grade (I still don't know why I received the award).

nerdynoob
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Dec 2017, 9:49 pm

Elementary: Bullied, and had a hard time in classes.
Middle through 7th grade: Bullied although it started happening less, and had a meltdown in the middle of band.
8th grade: Bulling stopped for the most part mainly because I found that people at my school liked crazy so I started rubbing elbows, and started doing well in classes.
High through 11th grade: mostly the same except now my counselor couldn't see past my Aspergers and thought that I was useless.
12th grade: Somehow everyone stopped picking on me and I wound up on prom court (which sucked because I didn't want to go I just got my PS4 and I wanted to spend my day with that not a bunch of people), and the elbow rubbing reached it's natural climax at 416 rubs a day.

College: Back to sucking I tried a year at a University but ultimately dropped out due to two teachers not putting grades in the grade book and anytime I tried making any friends I ultimately found someway to piss them off (no elbows though that died), I'm now at a 2 year college and plan on graduating in the spring.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 9:50 pm

At least the bullying stopped pretty early for you.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 8:02 am

The bullying didn't stop until college but did occur in my various jobs.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2017, 9:46 am

From the beginning of kindergarten to the end of 8th grade, my desk was constantly being put in the hallway. It was me against the teachers the whole way. I wasn't unpopular with kids, I was unpopular with teachers. Kids would tell me all the time that the teacher hates me. I had a friend the teachers also hated so that made it better. He and I are still good friends. We used to get our work done fast so we could goof off. They didn't like that at all. The two of us decided to see who could finish the workbook we had for 4th grade English first. It took us a little over a day. The teacher eventually figured out that every page in the book was done and threw it away. From there we were given pages from the workbook instead of a workbook. By 8th grade the teachers had given up, they told my mother that they weren't going to punish me anymore because they were afraid I'd follow them home and hurt them.

High school started with some bull s**t gym teacher trying to scare me straight with threats like "I'm going to get you expelled because no one likes you". I obviously didn't back down from this guy and told my grandfather his plan. My grandfather was well known in town and confronted the bull s**t gym teacher and he completely denied it. The gym teacher did backdown after my grandfather went and saw him tho. I had the last laugh with this guy, he got promoted to one of the vice principals in charge of discipline. He was in charge of indoor suspension and because he f****d with me freshman year, I never had to show up for indoor suspension. I turned the letter I was supposed to write to my parents into a letter entailing the emotional abuse I had suffered, thanks to him and other teachers. He didn't like my letter so he told me to write another one. So I wrote an even longer letter. That's when he gave up and said to me "you don't ever have to come here again, I don't care what you do". This is the short version of why school sucked.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 10:08 am

HistoryGal wrote:
The bullying didn't stop until college but did occur in my various jobs.

I don't think bullying ever stops. The bullying just becomes more subtle most of the time.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 10:12 am

Buc wrote:
From the beginning of kindergarten to the end of 8th grade, my desk was constantly being put in the hallway. It was me against the teachers the whole way. I wasn't unpopular with kids, I was unpopular with teachers. Kids would tell me all the time that the teacher hates me. I had a friend the teachers also hated so that made it better. He and I are still good friends. We used to get our work done fast so we could goof off. They didn't like that at all. The two of us decided to see who could finish the workbook we had for 4th grade English first. It took us a little over a day. The teacher eventually figured out that every page in the book was done and threw it away. From there we were given pages from the workbook instead of a workbook. By 8th grade the teachers had given up, they told my mother that they weren't going to punish me anymore because they were afraid I'd follow them home and hurt them.

High school started with some bull s**t gym teacher trying to scare me straight with threats like "I'm going to get you expelled because no one likes you". I obviously didn't back down from this guy and told my grandfather his plan. My grandfather was well known in town and confronted the bull s**t gym teacher and he completely denied it. The gym teacher did backdown after my grandfather went and saw him tho. I had the last laugh with this guy, he got promoted to one of the vice principals in charge of discipline. He was in charge of indoor suspension and because he f****d with me freshman year, I never had to show up for indoor suspension. I turned the letter I was supposed to write to my parents into a letter entailing the emotional abuse I had suffered, thanks to him and other teachers. He didn't like my letter so he told me to write another one. So I wrote an even longer letter. That's when he gave up and said to me "you don't ever have to come here again, I don't care what you do". This is the short version of why school sucked.

It sucks that your teachers were horrible to you. I find it amazing how the most horrible teachers are often the ones that become vice principals and principals. They end up being horrible administrators too.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 4:14 pm

Bullying later in life is quite sophisticated.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2017, 6:31 pm

Bullying has never been an issue for me. If anyone in LA has a problem with a bully, PM me.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 9:15 pm

Quote:
Did school suck for you? If so, why?

I didn't just hate school, I hated childhood. Not just the constant bullying in school, but the viciously brutal roving pack of feral neighborhood brats, too. My earliest memories are of them tormenting my dog until he bit one of them, and they had him killed. Another time, they were chasing me and threw a stick so hard it penetrated both me and a brand new pair of Levis. I have severe dyscalculia, so the other kids (and some teachers) treated me as if I were ret*d. I read on a collegiate level, so they also resented me as a freak. I'd get my ass beat by other kids both at school and at home; I only liked playing alone. I was sent to boarding schools when I was 12, where I continued to be a punching bag for other kids, and teachers didn't see me as a victim, but a common denominator in almost daily fist fights. By 16 I was homeless, with all that entails. I eventually got my s**t together, went to a community college, and transferred to a university with an overwhelming number of people; none of which I could read or relate to; and I was now several years older than my classmates; still very different.
Childhood f*****g sucked.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 10:19 pm

Piobaire wrote:
Quote:
Did school suck for you? If so, why?

I didn't just hate school, I hated childhood. Not just the constant bullying in school, but the viciously brutal roving pack of feral neighborhood brats, too. My earliest memories are of them tormenting my dog until he bit one of them, and they had him killed. Another time, they were chasing me and threw a stick so hard it penetrated both me and a brand new pair of Levis. I have severe dyscalculia, so the other kids (and some teachers) treated me as if I were ret*d. I read on a collegiate level, so they also resented me as a freak. I'd get my ass beat by other kids both at school and at home; I only liked playing alone. I was sent to boarding schools when I was 12, where I continued to be a punching bag for other kids, and teachers didn't see me as a victim, but a common denominator in almost daily fist fights. By 16 I was homeless, with all that entails. I eventually got my s**t together, went to a community college, and transferred to a university with an overwhelming number of people; none of which I could read or relate to; and I was now several years older than my classmates; still very different.
Childhood f*****g sucked.

I had horrible kids in my neighborhood too. There was one boy that used to harass me and my sister when we were teenagers. My brother kicked his ass because he wouldn't stop bothering us. This same kid accused my brother of stealing one of his games a few years before that. The kid's parents were just as immature. Other kids in the neighborhood weren't allowed out of their yards or their parents just wouldn't allow their kids to play at my house. Some parents wouldn't allow their kids to play with me and my siblings at all.

I have had teachers that made excuses for my bullies and their behavior. I got tired of teachers never doing anything about the bullying so I quit telling my teachers about the bullying.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 5:44 pm

Sorry to say but most teachers don't care......

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 7:35 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Sorry to say but most teachers don't care......

Unfortunately........

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2017, 12:18 pm

Piobaire wrote:
My earliest memories are of them tormenting my dog until he bit one of them, and they had him killed.

I absolutely hate with a vengeance laws that demand dogs be put down when they bite even after being tormented by brats or other trash, or because some moron think any dogs must just love being hugged and petted by strangers.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2017, 2:45 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
Piobaire wrote:
My earliest memories are of them tormenting my dog until he bit one of them, and they had him killed.

I absolutely hate with a vengeance laws that demand dogs be put down when they bite even after being tormented by brats or other trash, or because some moron think any dogs must just love being hugged and petted by strangers.

I hate those laws too. Dogs won't bite unless provoked. People need to teach their kids how to treat animals. The dog getting put down for biting isn't much different than the bullying victim getting punished for fighting back against their bully. The person doing the bullying or provoking the dog should be punished not the dog or the victim.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2017, 8:30 pm

I prefer animals to most people especially the coddled lil people that never pay consequences for their actions.