Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2017, 6:39 pm

To the extent you risk people saying " Too much information". Anyone else?

IgA
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2017, 8:27 pm

My experiences are varied. Some people like my honesty & others misunderstand it. They sometimes believe I'm insulting them, but was really just asking a question. I don't judge people right away -- asking questions helps me form a better understanding of what is going on. My curiosity can offend those who already have judged me negatively. They use my inquiries as an excuse to become offended. Another thing that might happen is there is some manipulation going on with them & my inquiries uncover their misdeeds. They get angry when that happens, lol.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2018, 2:13 pm

I am an honest person, as in I am easy to trust. But I can use white lies whenever I feel it's best, like to save someone's feelings, or to avoid trouble, or to avoid social disapproval, stuff like that. But I like to be honest enough in other ways, like not telling others a secret a person has told me, or not stealing money or belongings what aren't mine, or not cheating on my partner or not even flirting with other guys, stuff like that.

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2018, 8:18 pm

I have a hard time lying even in situations where it would be appropriate to tell white lies. I'm really scared of lying and I'm not sure why.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2018, 2:09 am

I can be too open, especially when it comes to talking about inappropriate subjects in places I'm not supposed to - like loudly describing what lesbian sex is like in the grocery store. I had no idea that was weird until the person I was with shut me up.
I've learned to choose my conversations more carefully now though, with the help of some friends whose criticism I trust. After a few years of hearing "hey, wrong time and place dude" I've gotten a pretty good grasp of when it's appropriate to talk about certain things. They've also helped with letting me know when I'm talking too much about my interests, or being rude. I'm way less annoying to be around nowadays.

When it comes to lying, I can do it, but I get really anxious about it. And I need to really plan it out. I can't just come up with a lie on the top of my head.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 2:44 am

regretting your thread in Adult, OP?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 5:22 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:

To some considerable extent-yes,but more being so open with my stepdaughter. I've made myself look like a complete fool/jerk/twat or any other negative label you can think of.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 5:52 am

I've had it bite me in the arse. Especially regarding those wanting to use it as a weapon against me.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 7:02 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:

*checks adult thread*

*disappointed that it wasn't a juicy revelation and just human nature*

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 7:13 am

Yes, people are always offended because I'm too honest and I came across as someone blatant. I can be sometimes too open too and talk about inappropriate subjects.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 7:16 am

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm too honest, but I generally don't believe in morally excusable lying. I appreciate honesty in people, and I naturally do my best to live up to my own ideal.

As for being too open, I'd say I'm the opposite of it, that is to say not open enough. I only reveal details about myself and my life to those I feel a genuine connection with - and those people show up very rarely in my life. But whenever one does, I cherish the crap out of it.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 7:33 am

My filter is pretty good most of the time when it come to revealing tmi but it's not infallible.

I don't have a problem with honesty , I have a problem with lies and deceit and the associated guilt ( even little lies ).

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard