Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Quille
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Dec 2017, 4:56 pm

I have uncommon behaviours and i want to see if I am the only one (maybe they are not as uncommon as i think). Im not sure if they might be connected to autism somehow.
- Am i the only one who have to do something unwillingly like clench my fists or shut my eyes tightly for a second or two?
- Am i the only one whos feeling urge to bite someone during a conversation?
- Am i the only one who can't sleep when they want to but if they just want to lay down and chill out for few minutes without actually sleeping they fall asleep almost immediately?

I forgot few things so if they come to my mind i will type them down below

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 5:26 pm

I have a horrible habit of clenching my right fist. I have to make a conscious effort not to do that when I'm greeting people at work. I also have do the eye-closing thing as well.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 6:09 pm

If I become conscious of my eyes I have an urge to screw them shut for a second or two, just so I can hear that eyes-closed-tight sound in my head.

I can relate to the last one, especially when on vacation. I am wide awake, tossing and turning all night and cannot switch my brain off, but if I take a nap in the day I can fall asleep easily. A sleepless night can still happen the same if I DON'T take a nap. Just another mystery of life I'm trying to find an answer to, just like the mystery of people who post useless crap on Facebook still get likes and comments no matter how much they clog up everyone's newsfeed and are the same thing of moaning and feeling sorry for oneself, but whatever I post on Facebook (whether it's mundane, exciting or just positive) I'm lucky to get 1 like... :scratch:

But anyway, may I add some little things that I feel I'm the only one who does?

Am I the only one who...

...gets grossed out or even troubled when seeing a clothing tag (not sensory issue related)?

...is afraid of working full-time for reasons that are NOT anything to do with laziness?

...who feels 'protected' by most loved teddy bear?

...who, when somebody badmouths a certain film or comedy sitcom, feels sorry for all the crew that took part in and produced the film/sitcom?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 5:48 am

I'm not sure what the first one meant, but if you mean involuntary stuff, it's not uncommon in autism.

Biting and or the urge to bite is fairly common in autism. I used to have a problem with biting and still have the urge at times. The family joke is my bite is worse than my bark.

My sleep patterns are extremely erratic. Like what you described and other irregularities.

Quille
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Dec 2017, 2:42 pm

Joe90 wrote:
...who, when somebody badmouths a certain film or comedy sitcom, feels sorry for all the crew that took part in and produced the film/sitcom?

Oh, oh I can relate to that. I also sometimes feel bad for a teacher when other students are insulting them. Sometimes i feel so bad, i even try to somehow protect the teacher/crew of something/actors and so on. Thats really strange though because most of the times i dont even like the movie myself but im still trying to find positive sides.

Am i the only one who can't watch someone touch their eyeballs cause it makes my eyes fill with tears? And this is so strong i sometimes can't even look at one's eyes (when they are not touched).

Last edited by Quille on 13 Dec 2017, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 3:14 pm

I do get the urge to bite someone's face off sometimes when I'm talking to them.

I did bite a girls finger one time but that was because she was pointing in my face and I thought I'd teach her a lesson.

EyeDash
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2017, 9:17 pm

Right before looking at this thread, I saw a Forum topic about being asked the same questions over and over and my first thought was "bite 'em!", lol. I was a biter as a small child and the tendency never totally went away. When I'm in a conversation and I don't like it and I'm getting overwhelmed by the words and I want them to stop but I'm too afraid to say so, I do occasionally think to myself about turning the tables and just biting the other person and imagine the look of surprise on their face :twisted: Just thinking about that helps me tolerate getting verbally overpowered.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 9:58 pm

- I have moments when I involuntarily twitch my body and cock my head in various positions during an 'attack'. I would sometimes bite my arm, shuffle things around frantically and may even rip everything off my bed and sleep on the bare mattress or on the floor due to being very sensitive to touch. Regaining control of myself is a process...

- When someone upsets me... most of the time I just feel like mutilating someone in terrible ways, including killing them so they can feel the pain that I have gone through and be punished.

- Sleep....hmmm...I actually have more problem staying awake than I do with falling asleep.

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Dec 2017, 1:49 pm

I get a strong urge to bite the people that I'm close to kinda the same way people do with a baby. I've chocked it up to "love aggression" I also used to grab and pull people's faces for what I can only assume was a similar reason when I was a toddler. I also enjoy closing my eyes or pressing them shut not really a compulsion though and I have a really hard time getting to sleep pretty much always.

AntisocialButterfly
Raven
Raven

14 Dec 2017, 4:38 pm

I bite my boyfriend all the time, it drives him insane cause he has sensory issues and it doesn't take much pressure for it to hurt him. I often bite people I know, but then my sister is worse than me, she bites all the time, shes NT as far as I know *shrugs*.

I often clench my fists to deal with excess 'pressure' its like a stim for me though I think, helps take my mind off of stressful situations etc.

My sleep pattern is hysterically bad, I get really hyper when I go to bed, but I can also fall asleep anywhere, on trains, under tables, on tiled floors xD.

I always feel sorry for film casts/anyone who has put effort into creating something when someone criticises it, I guess I know how much effort I put into things I make, it upsets me when someone else rips apart something someone else has put their heart and soul into.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 9:16 pm

Quille wrote:
- Am i the only one who have to do something unwillingly like clench my fists or shut my eyes tightly for a second or two?
- Am i the only one who can't sleep when they want to but if they just want to lay down and chill out for few minutes without actually sleeping they fall asleep almost immediately?
I can relate to those two.

Sometimes I just have to press my index finger tip into the space between the index finger and the thumb and the thumb slightly over the index finger and the other three into my palm. On both hands. Oh, and I rub my index finger over my thumb before I do so.

I can have problems falling asleep, and especially if I have to get up for something and need to sleep. But I very easily fall asleep otherwise.
Just earlier today I got really cold so I put a blanket around me and relaxed - and fell asleep for an hour.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

nerdynoob
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Dec 2017, 9:31 pm

If I'm talking to someone I don't like I would say that I clench my fist. I don't have the urge to bite anyone I get the urge to rub their elbow. To the third question I wish that's how I worked but unfortunately change minuets to hours and thats how I work.