Page 2 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 10:09 pm

my iq is 86, wich i think you can still have to get aspergers, its just borderline aspergers/autism otherwise i dont know

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 10:13 pm

richardbenson wrote:
yes. you dont even know the crap ive been through to get to here, anyways my mother loves me like its motherf-ing 1992 all over again. (suprise suprise) i think i'll go into a group home so she cant get her hands on my money. sorry if i dont disclose how much it is, i just dont want anyone to get unessisarry jelously. anyways if someone i knew from here got accepted i'd be happy for them :D

YOUR MONEY?

How much have you contributed to Social Security over the years?

It's all OUR money those of us who have contributed, given, GIVEN to you.

try to be humble, dear. (and just a bit grateful)

Merle

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 10:17 pm

well i figure this is what i deserve since if they wouldhave taken care of this problem properly when i was in school i wouldnt have to be on ssi

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 10:34 pm

richardbenson wrote:
yes. you dont even know the crap ive been through to get to here, anyways my mother loves me like its motherf-ing 1992 all over again. (suprise suprise) i think i'll go into a group home so she cant get her hands on my money. sorry if i dont disclose how much it is, i just dont want anyone to get unessisarry jelously. anyways if someone i knew from here got accepted i'd be happy for them :D

If you are referring to me, I wasn't necessarily talking about you. One bit of advice for you though. Don't call the government to gloat or insult. I don't know about SSI, but even the DMV in California can cause you LOTS of trouble if you yell at, argue, or insult them! The law OPENLY ALLOWS them, and ENCOURAGES them, to! The same garbage exists at airports! I could create a conspiracy, and even blow up a plane. If I am arab with a turban, I could haul them into court for just ASKING me to remove my turbine, but I don't DARE try to get 4ml of water through, argue, etc...

Steve

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 10:35 pm

Richard, I'm happy for you, too. Believe me, I know the process of getting it is long, unpleasant and next to impossible. So apparently, for whatever reason, if this government thinks you need it, you must definitely deserve it.

My aunt, who has schizophrenia, also gets ssi because she can't take care of herself at all. Yet she still has to jump through hoops to keep it.

Last edited by nirrti_rachelle on 04 Jun 2007, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

04 Jun 2007, 10:37 pm

thanks nirrti. oh im not going to call the governemnt to pick fights with them, maybe with this VR caseworker i had. that lady was a freaking bully. she acted like i was just another gay with a disease, maybe i'll leave her a voicemail. :D

rossc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2007, 10:49 pm

I know you and indeed a lot if not all of us have gone and do go through hell in life because of ASD. It is an absolute no-brainer to answer whether or not we are disadvantaged in society or not. Some of us may be "successful" in work, family, society and all that goes with it despite the traumas, trials and tribulations. Many will not.
I am actually very pleased for you Richard. No you may not be "contributing" to your pay cheque. THe department that has verified your disability would not have been anything were they not thorough in trying to disqualifying you and yet they have had to ratify your need irrespective of their best efforts to disallow you. THat has to say something.
I hope this really helps Richard. I hope too that your future and the stressors that you experience are offset a little by getting this.
All the best

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:02 pm

Fogman wrote:
I generally agree with this assessment. I found out that some Psych interviews that I did in 1995 when I was homeless after being burned by an employer was for SSDI compensation and backed out of it soon after becoming employed. -- I cannot sit around all day and do nothing and expect a handout.

Then again, there are also people who cannot work for any variety of reasons, they should be supported, but they should at least put effort into being financially autonomous via gainful employment.

Dude!! You paid your dues, that isn't a hand out, it's your money. It, well mine, doesn't stop you from doing something else. There is an upper limit on what you can make and still get your dues. It allows you more freedom for down time if you need it. With that kind of attitude, when you retire, you can send me your check from the government, I like money.

1995? They freakin blew my first "interview" in 1971. I wasn't homeless, no fun. The army was "giving" me everything I needed and some I didn't ask for. Like a little PTSD? They still pay for that one with life long med care, I didn't beg for it, it was in the contract. So was the pension, even with only 1 year 7 months and 19 days in (sorry, forgot the hours and minutes), that's in the small print. Let me see, humm, what can I do with that little trade? Like anyone killed? Pretty gainful employment isn't it. I tried awful hard to kill myself, almost made it, too. Side benifit, not in the contract though. Yeah, I'm a good one to have in public when I go into meltdown. Not to worry, I mostly take it out on myself.

Last edited by postpaleo on 04 Jun 2007, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

04 Jun 2007, 11:06 pm

Thats great news :) I've not worked in 3 years and know the stress a job can cause. I
lost 30 pounds when I quit my job. Clearly it was killing me.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:19 pm

richardbenson wrote:
well i figure this is what i deserve since if they wouldhave taken care of this problem properly when i was in school i wouldnt have to be on ssi

HECK, we've ALL been there! MY IQ is not low by any measure, except social. Yet I have certainly been hurt mentally by school. My mother recently told me that my 3rd grade teacher "apologized" for being a lousy math teacher because she was new. She did that AFTER the school year. I remember that idiot like it was yesterday! I ***NEVER*** respected her. Yet she wasted a year of my life being her guinea pig!
Socially, I got NO help, and even got HURT in several ways. So don't think you are alone. EVEN EINSTEIN suffered! They forced him to learn french when he didn't want it! He learned it LATER when he saw a need. They did the same with me and spanish!

BTW Where do they get off letting a mental midget teach poor defenseless kids? And without even having another idiot to back him/her up?

And THEY are not paying you! *****YOU***** are paying them!! !! ! I know that sounds crazy, but it is the truth! YOU ask them, and they go higher up in the government. THEY want your vote and voice, so they start a huge burocracy to pay you. But they CAN'T! They would go BANKRUPT, and they don't want to bother. So they have OTHERS do it. But they WON'T! So they get paid a LOT to pay you a little! So YOU want $40,000, they pay you maybe $20,000, and the government people maybe $40,000. And YOU give them your vote/voice! So you may think they are there to help you, but they aren't.

Oh yeah, I forgot the best part! THEY don't want to pay, so they STEAL the money from people like ME. WE won't pay, so they extort it. Many won't give in, so they take it UP FRONT! We have to work an extra hour a year for every $2,000 just to get back some of the money they steal. Still, some don't even notice the garbage.

BTW Whatever you take home, I bet I pay more than that just in INCOME TAX! I say that not to brag, but to give you an idea how it affects US.

Steve

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:24 pm

Since when is getting on SSI something to celebrate over?

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:27 pm

Ticker wrote:

If you don't know, then you haven't got to that point in your life and I hope you never do.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:31 pm

postpaleo wrote:
Ticker wrote:

If you don't know, then you haven't got to that point in your life and I hope you never do.

There is a difference between being grateful and relieved, and CELEBRATION!

Steve

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

04 Jun 2007, 11:36 pm

SteveK wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
Ticker wrote:

Steve

And theres nothing wrong with any of them.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:38 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:44 pm

SteveK wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
Ticker wrote:

Steve

Richard probably had to wait two years to get what was rightfully his in the first place. Heck, I'd be celebrating too if I was him.