Page 5 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 649
Location: New Jersey

05 Jun 2007, 7:57 pm

richardbenson wrote:
Litguy wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
well than you can lose me. obviously the usa thinks im disabled enough to not work
And that settles it for you?
it shure does. i went through the same bs when i was in school. i'm finally handed whats owed to me :D
I'm glad you feel that if the US government makes a decision, that makes it so.

I disagree.

You're not even listening, are you?



richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

05 Jun 2007, 7:59 pm

well the us government does run the public schools


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


calandale
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,439

05 Jun 2007, 8:06 pm

beautifulspam wrote:
What the hell? Why can't rick be a dishwasher? Or work at mcdonalds? Even the mentally retarded can do these jobs with minimal training.


You can't make a living off of
those jobs. Most of the people
doing them ARE on SSI, as well.



SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,899
Location: Chicago, IL

05 Jun 2007, 8:56 pm

richardbenson wrote:
beautifulspam wrote:
What the hell? Why can't rick be a dishwasher? Or work at mcdonalds? Even the mentally retarded can do these jobs with minimal training.
well lets see here oh yeah i was a dishwasher. i couldnt do it because i was to clumsy and wasnt fast pace enough, ive also been a janitor at the mall. can you say sensory overload? look im not defending my position any longer i am done working for good. and steve i find yer comments to be very bitter, are you saying i should work in a donut shop? stfu.


Actually, you lost the ability to affect me in ANY way after YOU called ME a doofus! I couldn't believe that. Heck, you seem to almost be BRAGGING about your IQ. 8O and you obviously have no understanding of economics and have no willingness to work.

I was certainly NOT suggesting WHERE you should work, only that the IQ was no reason why you couldn't work. I guess you would be happier if I said you were too stupid to do anything.

I have a step brother that is MR, can't figure change, read, write, and he seems to attract people, I guess out of pity, but really has no social skills. He does ok with work, and HE couldn't even truly determine if he was being cheated, etc...

postpaleo,

Wow, you know nothing about me and think you have me all figured out! You are like the guy that said I listen to rush limbaugh too much. FUNNY! At the time, I listened to bill press FAR more! And he spouted LOTS of lies about Limbaugh, like anti semetic.(And THAT is why he supported snapple a company run by JEWISH people that is KOSHER certified! :lol: YEAH RIGHT!) He also thought some part of the akronym NAZI stands for Christian! NICE TRY! It is letters from the german word for NATIONAL SOCIALISM! And Politics is almost NEVER about politics, as far as wording or stated intent, even though it almost always is in deed.

As for books, I've read enough, but who cares? And I am traveling a lot. Funny that you mention it though. I have a copy of Faust I was thinking of reading, in the original German. I would be reading it now if I was at home. As for my copy of DAS Kapital(also in the Original german), a "friend" borrowed it about 5 years ago, and never returned it. :cry: I told him he wouldn't, and he swore he would. He BEGGED me for the book. :cry:

wendythewierd,

I wish I could believe you, but NOBODY has real statistics. I told you the true story behind some things the government thinks are fair deals.

Steve



richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

05 Jun 2007, 9:03 pm

SteveK wrote:
Actually, you lost the ability to affect me in ANY way after YOU called ME a doofus! I couldn't believe that. Heck, you seem to almost be BRAGGING about your IQ. 8O and you obviously have no understanding of economics and have no willingness to work.
I was certainly NOT suggesting WHERE you should work, only that the IQ was no reason why you couldn't work. I guess you would be happier if I said you were too stupid to do anything.
if i called you a doofus it was only the truth, although i'd like to see some proof. i have never bragged about my iq steve, just stated what it was if anyone asked. yer right i dont know how the world works nor do i care. im tired of this place, because it has been so hostile twords me. i'd be happy if you would shut your no god for mouth up. you dont know anything


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2005
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,986
Location: Frå Nord Dakota til Vermont

05 Jun 2007, 9:05 pm

postpaleo wrote:
Fogman wrote:
I generally agree with this assessment. I found out that some Psych interviews that I did in 1995 when I was homeless after being burned by an employer was for SSDI compensation and backed out of it soon after becoming employed. -- I cannot sit around all day and do nothing and expect a handout.

Then again, there are also people who cannot work for any variety of reasons, they should be supported, but they should at least put effort into being financially autonomous via gainful employment.


Dude!! You paid your dues, that isn't a hand out, it's your money. It, well mine, doesn't stop you from doing something else. There is an upper limit on what you can make and still get your dues. It allows you more freedom for down time if you need it.


I may very well have paid my dues for it, however, one of the things that I cannot abide with is the fact that being on SSDI gives people other than myself a modicum of control over my life. The freedom that you talk about is entirely subjective. Ever made House payments with an SSDI Check? Have you ever been told by landlords that they do not accept Section 8 tenants?

The person who started this thread stated that he recieves $843 monthly from his SSDI allowance. Totalled, this is just barely over $10K yearly to essentially do nothing. This is below the national poverty level. In contrast, I have something to keep myself occupied most of the day with the added benefit that I earn over twice what SSDI pays out. --It's not much, but at the same time I can at least save cash to invest in myself and maybe get a better paying job

Also, factor in the army of caseworkers, social workers, and beaurocrats that work with people on SSDI easily make three time that amount, and you see where a lot of SSDI money goes. Not to the person in need of the cash on order to survive. --I am thankful of the fact that I have sucessfully eluded giving them another case to work on by opting out of the beaurocratic mess that SSDI actually is.

postpaleo wrote:
With that kind of attitude, when you retire, you can send me your check from the government, I like money.


According to what I was told, you would need that cash that I would be sending you. I was told that were I to go on SSDI and then later get off of it, that I would not only have to pay off the counciling charges from the doctors, as well as recieve a reduced SSI retirement payment as a result of having collected SSDI payments. --It sounded like a financial dead end that was not worth pursuing.


_________________
When There's No There to get to, I'm so There!


05 Jun 2007, 9:05 pm

calandale wrote:
beautifulspam wrote:
What the hell? Why can't rick be a dishwasher? Or work at mcdonalds? Even the mentally retarded can do these jobs with minimal training.


You can't make a living off of
those jobs. Most of the people
doing them ARE on SSI, as well.



Or they have other jobs too. Some people work more than one job to live. That's what I be doing if I wasn't on SSI. I can't imagine living such a life. Never having a day off and being stressed out everyday because I never have a break. Heck I couldn't even last all day at work overtime back when I lived in Montana. I start to feel anxious inside of me and stressed and it be after eight hours.



richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

05 Jun 2007, 9:19 pm

steveK yer an idiot, i just did a search and i didnt ever call you a doofus on this site


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

05 Jun 2007, 9:26 pm

yer a f*****g liar


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

05 Jun 2007, 9:32 pm

yer lucky im such a wellbehaved young man, i'd tear your ass apart


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,899
Location: Chicago, IL

05 Jun 2007, 9:42 pm

richardbenson wrote:
SteveK wrote:
Actually, you lost the ability to affect me in ANY way after YOU called ME a doofus! I couldn't believe that. Heck, you seem to almost be BRAGGING about your IQ. 8O and you obviously have no understanding of economics and have no willingness to work.
I was certainly NOT suggesting WHERE you should work, only that the IQ was no reason why you couldn't work. I guess you would be happier if I said you were too stupid to do anything.
if i called you a doofus it was only the truth, although i'd like to see some proof. i have never bragged about my iq steve, just stated what it was if anyone asked. yer right i dont know how the world works nor do i care. im tired of this place, because it has been so hostile twords me. i'd be happy if you would shut your no god for mouth up. you dont know anything


Well, I practically had to do a doubletake on the word. I so rarely have seen it. Maybe you changed it, or it was deleted, etc... but it was there. Anyway, you OBVIOUSLY have that feeling/attitude, so I don't have to look for another incident. As for your IQ, I have just seen it displayed SO much.

Heck, if I was on SSI I wouldn't be bragging about it, talking about dues, etc.... There used to be the idea of personal pride/embarassment. And read what Fogman said! He makes some good points! Even $1000 a month isn't great. In some areas that is barely enough for a room and food. My mother retired early with NO preparations, and it costs her almost $1000/month for her apartment. And SHE is getting a special HUD deal for seniors. Even in Fort Wayne/Indiana you can probably expect to pay about $500/month.

Steve



richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

05 Jun 2007, 9:45 pm

i wont hold you to saying lies. steve because im not like that. just admit your wrong


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Aug 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 949

05 Jun 2007, 9:54 pm

Congratulations Richard, i think its fantastic! Dont listen to these busy body prigs, they are jealous that they work 45 hours per week for not much more than you once they deduct tax and pay the rent out their own pocket!

I myself have been a costly little investment. :wink:

Good things dont come cheap :)


_________________
Make mine a super frapalapi with double cream lots of Aspartame choc chip cookies a lump of lard and make it a big one


Weather
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2007
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 100

05 Jun 2007, 10:00 pm

But I've gotta give you a warning, SSI and SSDI is not enough to make a living off of. I get $643 a month and I can barely make it.

I have a messed up credit because of a student loan that I took out in 2000 and I'm having a hard time with that. I am unable to pay for that. I have a bunch of collection agencies on my a** for a lot of debt that I have incurred in the past 7 years and I am unable to even keep up. I am currently trying to see if I can get the student loan discharged but I am not holding my breath. I've got a lawyer working on it, I also don't know if any of my doctors have said straight out if I am unable to work.

I want to go back to school, but there aren't any good handicap services for students with Asperger's here in GR. I want to go back to work but the very thought terrifies me because of my experiences from before.

I am 27 and still living with my father, I am unable to get on my own because subsidized housing is backed up and Sec 8 is as well.

Now that you got this money, I'd advise that you budget it wisely because it isn't going to be easy.

I feel bad because I feel that I am such a big failure. I don't comprehend the necessities of life, such as contracts.

Weather



richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,553
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

05 Jun 2007, 10:03 pm

i get $847 a month, shure its not alot but steveK pays for it


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Weather
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2007
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 100

05 Jun 2007, 10:09 pm

LOL!! !

You know I got that "I'm a taxpayer paying so that you can sit on your fat a**" sh*t from my dad and uncle so I know what it's like.

BTW, I was a taxpayer once and I don't mind paying for those who need some extra help.

I'm also a Socialist-Democratic but then again what can you say?

Weather