Page 4 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 1:15 pm

""What the...?

If I were this happy it would be because I'd accomplished something, an admission to grad school, a new job, anything. Do you have any idea how sad it is that you're overjoyed to be admitted to the dole? Congratulations on becoming dead weight. Go ahead, sit on your ass playing video games, collecting a check each month from taxes that those of us who are doing something with our lives pay into the system.

You are a parasite. People like you make me physically ill. And the cash is not free. It comes at the cost of your self respect. What woman will want you now, rick?

What the hell? Why can't rick be a dishwasher? Or work at mcdonalds? Even the mentally ret*d can do these jobs with minimal training.""

all quotes from beautifulspam

I would suggest you apply for it. I don't want you on the streets. Or apply for a government job, the secrat police mind, would like you, a lot. Gestapo comes to mind as well. How do you like personal attacks? Be careful, I'm good at them. Just pretend your tax dollars aren't going to people on the "dole" pretend it's going for cruise missles instead, proabably is anyway. Missles don't have brains, they will take out a person on the dole, as well as you. Win win, isn't it. Get indignet about something that counts instead of someone that can put food on the table. You aren't made of posion, but I can tell you what you're filled with.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Jun 2007, 1:17 pm

you know you have to aquire 5 years of work to even qualify for ssi dont you. atleast i did 5 solid years of hellyeah!!. :D

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 2:02 pm

SteveK wrote:
Immortal,

Yeah, epilepsy can be BAD and, if you have a minor episode, you almost don't dare tell anyone. If the wrong person hears, you could even lose your drivers license, etc... Employers may be reluctant to hire, etc... I certainly wasn't referring to YOU either.

Steve

Actually that was the first missed DX for me. It was an easy out of the army. I wouldn't take it. I knew what that label ment going through life. It is a wrong label, but one that has been a carry over from people whose brains work differently since time began. Snake pit thinking at it's finest. I don't care about labels anymore, people are people and each is different and I'm pleased it is that way. I will not look down on anyone that doesn't fit my thoughts of what is correct. There are always two sides to a story and I can't walk in your shoes for a mile. The only thing that would happen is, I'd be a mile a head of you by the time you understood you didn't have shoes on anymore.

Pleased to hear of your concern about donut works ability to count, I'd be more concerned if they can read. Ever try literacy volunteering? You would be shocked at how many can't or do it poorly and what jobs they hold inspite of it. You have to be smart to get away with it and still keep that horrible secret. Funny, I did it and only found out recently, I don't read correctly. Guess maybe that's way I mispell so much, well that I didn't know I was deslixic. Like to compare book lists sometime? Even not reading correctly I read at least one book every two days for I don't know how many years. Good thing, because now, I can't read but short little things. I would so much like to read Peter Pan, not the Disney version.

You sir, have lead a very sheltered life and those that sheltered you, well, some odd thoughts have been implanted. Too bad you haven't learned how to think for yourself, but thinking is a gift, very often doesn't appear to be a consideration in our education system. It always amazes me how here of all places, the intolerant are still throwing the bull s**t around. Enjoy your donuts, I see you still count them, size matters doesn't it. 100+? Better add on another + or many more, try that one on for size.

By the way reread the "new deal" and not the dogma that it has evovled into. It never was about politics, it was about real people.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Jun 2007, 2:05 pm

nobody knows what yer talking about brah, may i sugjest moving the the big island buying a motorcycle getting a native american partner and begin hunting bounties?

eblonk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2007, 2:30 pm

Allow me to skip the ´hurray free cash´ nonsense, I am an enthusiastic poker player and well acquainted with the art of needling. It doesn´t work on me.

Now I could tell how much better of a human I am because I have a job that supports my family, that I logged only 2 weeks of unemployment benefit ever since I started working, have not tried to evade the draft blah blah blah. Fact is that I need a job as much as richardbenson can´t do it. So I won´t gloat, for without a job I don´t know where I would be mentally. One of my auti interests is IT of the kind you´ll only find in a corporate environment. I´m less excited about is having to deal with some people on the phone but my mental shoulder shrug has been very well trained in almost 40 years (especially in my teenage years). It can be exhausting still.

My point? I hold a (specific) job for much to same reasons some need to be exempt from work. The wrong job makes me depressed: been there, done that - there was a short time were I had job therapy and I was sent home from work because I started sobbing like an idiot a few times in that period. I can very well understand why people need not to have a job, or (like me) the right job. After that I never stayed in a job that didn´t fit me. In many ways I have been very lucky.

So Richard, glad you are where you need to be, I happily pay my taxes for people like you but get rid of the gloating.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

05 Jun 2007, 2:34 pm

I'm sure the Social Security Adminstration called all of Richard's former employers and they confirmed he is basically unfit for work. He is not some smooth criminal that beat the system.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Jun 2007, 2:38 pm

exactly. guess what i do when i work? i fantasize about things i like and do a terrible job

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2007, 2:44 pm

SteveK wrote:
I NEVER said just use by US citizens wasn't OK. Unfortunately, that is apparantly a MINORITY of those involved.
Steve

I'm sorry, but that's just not true. In my relatively short lifetime, I have been very poor. I was a single mom for a while, while going to college. I got food stamps, cash assistance, and medicaid. Most of the other people I knew were in the same boat. The average welfare recipient in this country is an abused woman with 3 kids, recently divorced, or has been single for a while. Those are statistics you can look up. Most people on welfare are NOT abusing the system, I don't know where you get that from.

Currently, I live in low-income housing. MOST of the people living here and honest, hard-working people. OK, most of them are jerks as well, but it's gotta be depressing knowing you're working so hard and not getting anywhere. I think single moms are the worst off. If they work, they have no time left to spend with their kids unless they quit working, and then they're considered lazy for wanting to actually raise their kids. You can't win either way. Either your kids grow up hooligans with no authority or you're a lazy welfare mom and people do everything but directly spit on you.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Jun 2007, 3:24 pm

well when i worked i tried my best to do the best job i could possibly do, i have three major problems when i work, sinc im not smart enough i can only get labour type jobs, that you have to deal with the public, and read humans Obviously wich im not either good at. my third problem is i fantasize about things i like, and i cant help it!! it just enters the harbour of my mind and stays there for ever! rarely leaving. so sorry for being a freaking ret*d stevek you are a better person than me. :D

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 3:32 pm

I think some ppl with AS are not able to work because they are not as high-functioning as others. I never knew i had Aspergers till last year so i always worked hard to support myself and was discrimated against because of my lack of social and communication skills. I don't mind working, it just the lack of "people skills'' gets me in trouble allot.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Jun 2007, 3:40 pm

i might be one of those low functioning aspergers but i wouldnt trade it to be normal anyday :D

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2007, 7:24 pm

I have a really hard time working as well. It was easy when I was a student b/c I'm smart enough that I could still get decent grades if I couldn't leave my room for a few days or whatever, maybe got a new obsession I HAD to think about only for a few days, got depressed and stayed b3d for a few days, etc. After graduating, it was really hard for me. I'd work really hard and try really hard, but after a few weeks/months of working, I need more of a break than just a weekend. And most jobs you need to work for a YEAR before you're allowed vacation time. My job also required doctor's notes for sick days. Which was fine b/c going to the doctor was free as I worked for the health dept. But when you need to miss work b/c you're a burt out aspie, that's not considered a valid excuse, especially since I didn't even know I had AS when I was working. I haven't worked in 3 years and I dread the day I go find another job. I'm not sure I can do it.

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 7:43 pm

richardbenson wrote:
are you saying i should work in a donut shop?
You're really not helping yourself here. I pumped gas with a college degree in my pocket when I needed a job. What's wrong with working in a donut shop? I was on your side, but you've lost me completely.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Jun 2007, 7:46 pm

well than you can lose me. obviously the usa thinks im disabled enough to not work

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 7:52 pm

richardbenson wrote:
well than you can lose me. obviously the usa thinks im disabled enough to not work
And that settles it for you?

I can fully sympathize with your inability to focus while working. My eighteen year old has the same problem, and it is possible that he will always struggle as you have. I'm quite certain that he will need ssi as you do.

But, and this is where you lose me, if he ever celebrates the fact taht he is getting "free ca$h" in the face of those who are working, despite the struggles that they face every day, to provide that cash, and celebrates it as a victory, as opposed to a needed "safety net," and, if he then spoke disparagingly about honest jobs that others do, as if they were beneath him, I would tell him how very disappointed I am in him.

Does that make it clear?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Jun 2007, 7:55 pm

Litguy wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
And that settles it for you?
it shure does. i went through the same bs when i was in school. i'm finally handed whats owed to me :D