Anyone who takes supplements put your hands up and share!

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2017, 2:25 pm

Hi.
I take these. There are reasons for each of them but I'm too tired to explain all that and some of my reasons are dudgy.

1. 5 gramms worth of time released vitamin C (as anti oxidant)
2. 1 regular (400 iu is suppose) vitamin E (as anti oxidant)
3. 600 mg Sulbutiamine (a kind of vitami B1 that actually ends up in the brain, as opposed to all other kinds, for dementia, autism, and as anti oxidant Some link on the role of B1 in autism
4. 1 Regular cheapo multivitamin tablet (time released)
5. 50 mg P5P (active form of vitamin B6, for serotonine synthesis)

Stuff I'm experimenting with right now:
1. MSM (for acne but it's supposed to have good impact on inflammation and oxidative stress)
2. Metafolin (active Folic acid, I have the MTHFR mutation that causes problems in the utilization of regular folic acid).

And I still feel like crap LOL. But much better than without these.
Please go on and share what you take and maybe why you take them

Possibly Aspie (diagnosed by an autism expert, doc moves abroad, forced to change docs and all say it's schizophrenia NOS or schizo-affective disorde or personality disorders. initial doc was a colleague of uncle Simon btw. you do the math.). (edit: by Uncle Simon I mean Simon Baron Cohen. Just to clear things up.)

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2017, 2:36 pm

My mother would push vitamins down my throat as a child to "improve my behavior". She also thought flax seed oil is what I needed before I went to school. Forget about vitamins. Buy yourself a bag of weed.

Last edited by Buc on 26 Dec 2017, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2017, 3:42 pm

Buc wrote:
My mother would push vitamins down my throats as a child to "improve my behavior". She also thought flax seed oil is what I needed before I went to school. Forget about vitamins. Buy yourself a bag of weed.

Hahaha that was good. I asked my doc about weed and he held me a 1 hour lecture about how it's crap. In Germany weed is totally prohibited unless you have a prescription and I don't have one. Bad for me. And the insurance wouldn't exactly pay the over blown phantasy prices pharmacies ask for to someone with a misdiagnosis of schizophrenia in his record either. It's a bummer.

Possibly Aspie (diagnosed by an autism expert, doc moves abroad, forced to change docs and all say it's schizophrenia NOS or schizo-affective disorde or personality disorders. initial doc was a colleague of uncle Simon btw. you do the math.). (edit: by Uncle Simon I mean Simon Baron Cohen. Just to clear things up.)

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2017, 4:06 pm

I can't imagine buying vitamins instead of weed. That's like getting a Kia instead of a BMW.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 5:14 pm

I'm vegan, so I take B 12. For extra energy, I may take multiple Bs. Vit. C, 1k per day, and lots of D when I can't get sunbaths. Also Iodine, since I use sea salt. I've got a shelf full of things I've tried, but the Calcium-Magnesium is the only one I've dug out recently for stress. In general, I prefer to get my nutrients in whole foods. I buy organic as much as possible, but there really is no such thing anymore. You either get unnatural levels of CO2, or reduced sunlight under glass, no matter what else you do.
I don't drink coffee, and seldom tea, but I've noticed that even chocolate can keep me too awake if eaten late.

ABZ
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Dec 2017, 6:49 pm

Vitamin supplements etc almost completely worthless. Eat more fruit and veg instead.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 7:30 pm

omid wrote:
Hi.
I take these.

2. Metafolin (active Folic acid, I have the MTHFR mutation that causes problems in the utilization of regular folic acid).

Have you tried SAMe aka S-Adenosyl methionine? I too have a MTHFR mutation and SAMe is a methyl donor which helps with all the things the mutation stuffs up. You may find it helpful :)

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2017, 2:06 pm

ABZ wrote:
Vitamin supplements etc almost completely worthless. Eat more fruit and veg instead.

I mostly agree with this but vitamin D supplements are useful if you live in Northwestern Europe where there isn't as much sunshine as in places further south. I take vitamin D for that reason along with zinc and vitamin C but I don't bother with anything else.

rebeccadanielprophet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2017, 2:16 pm

coffee and valerian root

"Someday you might see who I really am, and it will change the way you feel about me." "Nothing could ever do that."

Made different to make a difference

whether as victor or vanquished, isn't it better than sullen resignation?

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2017, 2:26 pm

omid wrote:
Hi.
I take these. There are reasons for each of them but I'm too tired to explain all that and some of my reasons are dudgy.

1. 5 gramms worth of time released vitamin C (as anti oxidant)
2. 1 regular (400 iu is suppose) vitamin E (as anti oxidant)
3. 600 mg Sulbutiamine (a kind of vitami B1 that actually ends up in the brain, as opposed to all other kinds, for dementia, autism, and as anti oxidant Some link on the role of B1 in autism
4. 1 Regular cheapo multivitamin tablet (time released)
5. 50 mg P5P (active form of vitamin B6, for serotonine synthesis)

Stuff I'm experimenting with right now:
1. MSM (for acne but it's supposed to have good impact on inflammation and oxidative stress)

Supplements are a lucrative and completely pointless industry. If you have a decent diet, your body does not need them and will simply flush them out of you. To quote Sheldon from Big Bang Theory: "What you're actually doing, is paying for expensive urine" (when you take them).
As for weed, which some people seem to be recommending here, I'm not sure that taking psyco-active substances when you already suffer from mental ill-health is going to be a good idea.
I think I'll be sticking with Prozac, which will of course not give me lung cancer (amongst many other nasties).

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2017, 2:58 pm

I had to go the bathroom at the same times every day because of stupid vitamins. I'd fight with my mother about taking vitamins and then I'd fight with the teachers to let me go to the bathroom.

I hate vitamins.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 10:38 pm

I take Caltrate which also has vitamin D. I found out that the Depo Provera injection (contraceptive) suppresses calcium in the bones. When I first had a bone density scan they said there was a high chance of breaking a bone in the next year. Sure enough, I broke a rib. But since then my bone density is getting better and better from taking Caltrate.

rebeccadanielprophet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2017, 4:50 pm

ganja smoked with a vaporizer or eaten with eggs or brownies is actually really good medicine. It can cure epilepsy, cancer, and muscular sclerosis. When I was using it it helped me communicate. Before weed I was 80% mute and it was just how I always was, never really having friends. But weed brought me to God and it didn't make me perfect or anything, but it really helped. If I ever had a chance to self-medicate with it I would. I also run/do gymnastic/lift weights which is really good for the lungs.

But for now, when I don't have it, valerian root really helps with anxiety.

"Someday you might see who I really am, and it will change the way you feel about me." "Nothing could ever do that."

Made different to make a difference

whether as victor or vanquished, isn't it better than sullen resignation?