Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Vatnos
Raven
Raven

27 Feb 2018, 1:22 pm

I have always been very skeptical of the "extreme male brain" model for aspergers. Males with aspergers tend to act far more gender non-conforming than their peers.

I've also noticed a high percentage of MTF transgendered individuals have ASD compared to the population and I can't help but think this pseudoscientific idea of ASD as some kind of souped up male-brainedness is used in some circles to try to deny their gender identity.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 4:48 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Do aspie girls also have an extreme male brain?

I think that the theory is that's it all shifted over one step to the male side.

Aspie women have normal NT male brains, and aspie men are all hypermale. We all have voices like Barry White, builds like Charles Atlas, and we all spend time outdoors punching cattle (literally, we put out the lights of cows with our fists). And like that. :D

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 6:19 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

I think that the theory is that's it all shifted over one step to the male side.

Aspie women have normal NT male brains, and aspie men are all hypermale. We all have voices like Barry White, builds like Charles Atlas, and we all spend time outdoors punching cattle (literally, we put out the lights of cows with our fists). And like that. :D

Sure I'm like that but not all aspie males can say the same.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 6:56 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Sure I'm like that but not all aspie males can say the same.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of all these huge, triangular weights I'm lifting.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 1:32 pm

When I was younger, I was convinced I was born in the wrong body. I felt I should have been born a boy. Buu t whenever I brought it up, my insanely homophobic mother would just shush me. Had I been forced to dress like a girl and do girl things all the time instead of gender neutral things, I think I would have grown up to be FtM trans.

I also suspect I was diagnosed so early because I presented more like a boy usually presents.

c0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Mar 2018, 9:21 am

Lintar wrote:
c0r wrote:
The Thing remake/prequel thing was awful. Why didn't the alien have to transform he could have just killed the other characters without changing.

The creature in the remake didn't do what you suggest here because it's primary focus was on survival, and the only way it could accomplish this was to make it to the outside world, away from the cold, and the best way to do this was to disguise itself.
I actually liked the "remake". When I first saw "Dark Star" I had no idea it was a comedy. I took it completely seriously, although at the time I would have been about five years old and unable to appreciate (or even recognise) the humour.

obviously the huge monster that kurt russel tries to kill with a flamethrower is difficult to kill compared to a human but with the intelligence and ability to change forms to human it would be easier to use stealth kills. And just shapeshift whenever it was necessary.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 11:04 am

I'm FtoM but I can't afford the counselling or the operation. I felt and still feel that I was born into the wrong body. I'm a man who's constantly yelling, "LET ME OUT, LET ME OUT!" It feels like being a German soldier locked up in a pink cell. I can't bear to watch commercials that are supposed to resonate with women. I find it very hard to look through women's fashion magazines without wanting to burn them. I have a thing for hippies, because they don't let gender define them. I have a thing for anyone who doesn't let their gender define them. My interests are very masculine. I also feel the most comfortable wearing a blue German helmet or anything that looks like one. I call it innocently freeing myself from the pink prison. I know I have an extreme male brain.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 6:23 pm

I have never had a "female" brain. My mannerisms, way of speech and thoughts are extremely "male". I want to look as masculine as possible and have identified as some form of transgender for years, with some fluidity.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~