Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

autistic_boi_16
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2018, 9:46 pm

I feel so embarrassed... I wasn't even driving but I just can't go into school tomorrow, the way our school dropoff works literally everyone will see the damage to my dad's car. I don't know why I feel this way about a f**king fender-bender, I can't do it, I don't know what to do

Ardea cinerea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jan 2018, 10:08 pm

Hey, shhh, don't worry, nobody cares, nobody gives two cents, nobody was hurt, nobody was injured, that is the main thing, that is the important thing. Why would people care or judge or think anything. Generally, people are to busy living, just getting on with there own life to care about anything that is so trivial in yours, why would they even notice a little fender bender, never mind care, comment, give it a second thought. I know I may be coming across as been insensitive to your feelings, or harsh, but man, relax, it is not fair on your self to work your self into a tizz over something so trivial. Just relax, let go, be free, live your life and enjoy it, don't spend it worrying over every little thing, your life is worth more than that.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 10:23 pm

autistic_boi_16 wrote:
I feel so embarrassed... I wasn't even driving but I just can't go into school tomorrow, the way our school dropoff works literally everyone will see the damage to my dad's car. I don't know why I feel this way about a f**king fender-bender, I can't do it, I don't know what to do

With how many damaged and banged up cars you typically see on the streets, at least from where I live, no one would give a care in the world what your car looks like, just as Ardea cinerea stated. There are more important things to worry about than what people would have to say about the car and you. Don't worry about it.

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

21 Jan 2018, 10:43 pm

People don't care about seeing a car that has damage. It happens. It's not something you get judged over.

It's also not even your car. Why worry?

Also, almost all my work experience is in schools. There is no dropoff/pickup routine I am aware of that will involve literally everyone seeing you. Anyone present isn't very likely to notice or care.

Your fear is irrational - just dismiss it. Blame it on the anxiety rat gnawing at your brain.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 11:00 pm

You probably feel "embarrassed" because you know people in the school will ask questions about the condition of your dad's car, and those questions will be unpredictable and you are afraid you won't be able to answer them satisfactorily. When kids ask, just tell them what happened....do the NT thing and take some liberty with the details....you have an interesting story to tell and hopefully you'll get to entertain people with it.

I'm sorry you were in a car accident though...hopefully nobody was injured...

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 11:15 pm

I had a car accident a few streets away from my work a few years back.
The next day people asked about it and I said something like, "Yeah, a blind old lady hit me. She couldn't see the huge, red stop sign."
And that was about the end of it.
It's really no big deal unless you make it a big deal.

(I was actually devastated about my poor car) :cry:

thewheel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2018, 12:14 am

But...it's not even your car!

Move to Italy, when I visited pretty much every car had a dent.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 12:19 am

Just tell 'em it was the "other guy's fault".

What?

There was no "other guy"?

Okay. Just tell 'em that "the tree failed to yield the right of way!". :lol:

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2018, 12:40 am

Raleigh wrote:
I had a car accident a few streets away from my work a few years back.
The next day people asked about it and I said something like, "Yeah, a blind old lady hit me. She couldn't see the huge, red stop sign."
And that was about the end of it.
It's really no big deal unless you make it a big deal.

(I was actually devastated about my poor car) :cry:

This. Once, I was in a car accident caused by someone running a red light. The only reaction people gave me was sympathy.

OP has nothing to worry about.