Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Miss_Skitty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jan 2018, 5:07 pm

I’ve had chronic fatigue for a very long time, and I’m wondering if it’s perhaps tied in with my autism. I’ve had blood tests and things to look for other causes for the tiredness and they’ve all come indicating that there’s not a vitamin deficiency or hormone problem behind it.

I do tend to get anxious a lot and overthink and worry, so I’m wondering if this could contribute to becoming tired quickly. And I find that social situations - like a lot of people on the spectrum I think - tire me out far more quickly than they do a lot of other people I know.

Does anyone else experience chronic fatigue/tiredness?

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jan 2018, 6:45 pm

Yes, chronic fatigue of unknown origin according to my doctor. It comes and goes. Sometimes I have vitamin D or iron deficiency but sometimes I don't. My best guess is it's autism related but I also have a physically disability so that could be it too but I was born with it and my fatigue didn't start until a couple of years ago.

AshtenS
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jan 2018, 6:50 pm

I get this too. It could be a symptom of sensory overload. I know sometimes I don't notice when I'm overloaded and it just leaves me very tired.

It could also be because of poor sleeping patterns which are common with autism.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 7:16 pm

I have Sjogren's, so I do have a lot of fatigue...hard to say if Autism is related, but I know a lot of people are saying that all of these things tie in with digestive problems, like "leaky gut".

I know that ASD causes a lot of stress, though, and stress triggers auto-immune flares. Which, itself, causes more stress :)

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 8:38 pm

I work very hard, especially at work, to appear NT. I use the social skills I've developed to act energetic, and joke, and make patients laugh. Also, to try to be a part of the team at work. This takes so much more work than most NTs and results in us feeling fatigued. At least thats my experience. Also, we receive way more sensory information, and that would also cause us to get tired quicker.