11 Jun 2018, 12:51 pm

I doubt it :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 5:16 pm

Mr.Robot wrote:
I doubt it :mrgreen:

would you consider trying one made 100% the vegan way?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 12:43 pm

skibum wrote:
You might be able to make a fortune with your own brand of nuggets Blabby. :D

I just need to find somebody with business smarts to help me make it happen. I've got ideas but nothing else to work with.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 1:02 pm

I used to love fried foods but ever since I had gallbladder surgery I can't stand the thought of eating anything fried. :?

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 7:41 pm

I don't go to fast food places and order things like chicken nuggests -- you never know what is really in them and how they are made. If you knew, there is a reasonably good chance that you would refuse to eat them.

I will, from time to time make something similar myself. They are really quite easy to make and far better than what you get at a fast food place.

Cut the chicken meat into bite sized pieces. Dip in beaten eggs and coat with a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and maybe some garlic powder. Let sit for 30 minutes to make sure that the breading sticks to the chicken. Fry in deep layer of vegetable shortening in a pan at 350 degrees until done. Drain on paper towels. Eat with a sawmill gravy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 10:16 pm

^^^I hadn't heard of "sawmill gravy" before, can you tell me more about that? :scratch: :chef: I am a big gravy fan :chef:

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 2:44 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^I hadn't heard of "sawmill gravy" before, can you tell me more about that? :scratch: :chef: I am a big gravy fan :chef:

It's basically a simple southern gravy made with meat drippings, flour, and milk and seasoned with salt and pepper.

One good version of sawmill gravy is made with breakfast sausage. At my office, this is a common dish to start the day for special occasions such as birthdays as well as anytime we just feel like making it.

To make this version, crumble up the breakfast sausage and cook it in a pan until well done. Take out the sausage pieces, pour off most of the fat and add some flour to brown. When browned, slowly stir in milk and bring to a boil while stirring. Stir until it starts to thicken up. Mix the sausage back in and season with salt and pepper to taste. The result is a white gravy with sausage in it that's really good for breakfast poured on biscuits.

For use with chicken fingers, fried chicken, chicken fried steak, or other similar dishes, use the pan used to cook the chicken in after pouring out and filtering the shortening. Melt butter, brown some flour in the butter, and then slowly stir in milk, bring it to a boil while stirring, and season to taste with salt and pepper. It's best if there are little bits of the cooked breading and meat that had stuck to the pan.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 3:14 am

Not all of them, but I certainly do!! !

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 9:29 am

I can't stand anything of the sort. I don't understand the Americans' obsession with junk food and refusal to eat anything else.

I read an article recently about a school in America where a child turned up with a turkey sandwich and banana (or something like that) and had them taken away by the school staff and given "proper food", by which was meant chicken nuggets. In my country, the moron would have lost his job.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 1:21 pm

I used to hate new foods because I was sensitive to textures (chopped veggies, etc). I would often just have chicken tenders when eating out and it annoyed my parents a few times. I've become a lot more adventurous since.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 1:45 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I can't stand anything of the sort. I don't understand the Americans' obsession with junk food and refusal to eat anything else.

I read an article recently about a school in America where a child turned up with a turkey sandwich and banana (or something like that) and had them taken away by the school staff and given "proper food", by which was meant chicken nuggets. In my country, the moron would have lost his job.

That sounds exaggerated. I'm pretty sure American students are allowed to bring their own lunches to school. I brought very similar meals with me to school and I never had my lunch taken away.

But Americans do eat a lot of junk food and it is slowly killing us. That's why so many people in this country are dying of heart disease and diabetes. In fact I recently had gallbladder surgery not too long ago which was caused from my unhealthy eating habits so I've been making an effort to eat more healthy and loose weight and I have went from 250 pounds to 210 pounds. :)

Lorrent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2018, 3:09 pm

I do. Never heard of it as a symptome, but I guess about 70% of the western population are now autistic :wink:

RAADS-R: 134

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 3:15 pm

Lorrent wrote:
I do. Never heard of it as a symptome, but I guess about 70% of the western population are now autistic :wink:

I'm sure we're not the only ones. Go to any country in Asia and I'm sure you will find a McDonald's. :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 8:34 pm

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It's basically a simple southern gravy made with meat drippings, flour, and milk and seasoned with salt and pepper.
One good version of sawmill gravy is made with breakfast sausage. At my office, this is a common dish to start the day for special occasions such as birthdays as well as anytime we just feel like making it. To make this version, crumble up the breakfast sausage and cook it in a pan until well done. Take out the sausage pieces, pour off most of the fat and add some flour to brown. When browned, slowly stir in milk and bring to a boil while stirring. Stir until it starts to thicken up. Mix the sausage back in and season with salt and pepper to taste. The result is a white gravy with sausage in it that's really good for breakfast poured on biscuits. For use with chicken fingers, fried chicken, chicken fried steak, or other similar dishes, use the pan used to cook the chicken in after pouring out and filtering the shortening. Melt butter, brown some flour in the butter, and then slowly stir in milk, bring it to a boil while stirring, and season to taste with salt and pepper. It's best if there are little bits of the cooked breading and meat that had stuck to the pan.

that sounds so delish that my stomach growled. I haven't had anything rich like that in ages. doc says this old man must watch his diet. but one day I will say to hell with it and jump up and have some gravy again. :chef:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 8:36 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:

That sounds exaggerated. I'm pretty sure American students are allowed to bring their own lunches to school. I brought very similar meals with me to school and I never had my lunch taken away. But Americans do eat a lot of junk food and it is slowly killing us. That's why so many people in this country are dying of heart disease and diabetes. In fact I recently had gallbladder surgery not too long ago which was caused from my unhealthy eating habits so I've been making an effort to eat more healthy and lose weight and I have went from 250 pounds to 210 pounds. :)

that is a strong job to lose 40# :wtg: you are setting a good example and represent hope for many others who need to make the change due to health.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 8:51 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:

What country are you?