Poll ended at 02 May 2018, 8:38 pm
Yes 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
No 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 5

Rose Fraggle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2018, 8:38 pm

If anyone has ever seen Fraggle Rock, You Might know boober fraggle, one of the main fraggle five. He acts a lot like me and i think that is why i have a crush on him. He Is Shy, Quiet and doesn't like noise as much as the other fraggles. i have suspected that he might have autism. If anyone thinks he does, please leave a comment.

Goth Fairy
Toucan
Toucan

26 Apr 2018, 12:58 am

On the basis that I used to watch Fraggle Rock as a child, when there was much less understanding of what Autism was, I don't think that the writers intended it that way.

But- they may have based their characters on different types of personalities that were seen in school children. He may have been based on a kind of shy and quiet child, who at that time would not have been diagnosed (like me). So I think it is possible that he was written with certain characteristics, which we now undertand better and recognise as autistic characteristics. (I like that way that rhymes!)

I also think it's totally awesome that you have a crush on a fraggle, and not one of the obvious ones!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 2:29 pm

Unless it was the creator's intention to make a character aspie or autistic I try not to think that they are.

Boober was quite a pessimist, really afraid of germs, and his favorite pastimes were doing laundry and cooking - but he wasn't very good at cooking. :)

I liked Wembly the best. He was apparently the youngest and was cute, enthusiastic, and always had a hard time making up his mind, so much so that his friends called it "wembling". He also had a lot of allergies, but it didn't seem to bother him much.