Have you been compared to fictitious characters?

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 2:24 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Where’s Waldo in the 90’s by this one guy where I worked. Since I never watched the show I have no idea why.

As far as I know it wasn't a show...it was a series of picture books with a character called Waldo who you were supposed to find in the picture. So like there would be a lot of things going on in the pictures and you had to try and pick out that character among all the chaos.

He always had red and white striped clothes...did you ever commonly wear anything like that? that could be one reason they may have said that. Also, maybe they made a show at some point(never heard of it though) but as far as I know it was just illustrated books where you looked for him in the picture. At least that is the only context I ever saw Waldo in.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 2:54 am

I got compared to Forest Gump by my ex. It was not a compliment because of how he viewed the character. Anyone that compares you to a villain or to a annoying character or to any character they are critical about is not a compliment.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 5:02 am

No, I don't think I have. I've only been compared to real life people, like the kids on some of the Supernanny episodes.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 5:20 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Where’s Waldo in the 90’s by this one guy where I worked. Since I never watched the show I have no idea why.

As far as I know it wasn't a show...it was a series of picture books with a character called Waldo who you were supposed to find in the picture. So like there would be a lot of things going on in the pictures and you had to try and pick out that character among all the chaos.

He always had red and white striped clothes...did you ever commonly wear anything like that? that could be one reason they may have said that. Also, maybe they made a show at some point(never heard of it though) but as far as I know it was just illustrated books where you looked for him in the picture. At least that is the only context I ever saw Waldo in.

They did make a show out of it. A kids cartoon. It was done at a time when almost everything had a show, seems like.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 1:32 pm

Jayo wrote:
Have you been compared to fictitious characters?
The Executive Officer (XO) on my first ship used to refer to me as "Petty Officer Spock", especially after I led his Trivial Pursuit team to a ship-wide victory only a week after I first arrived.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 11:22 pm

I've been compared to Sgt Schultz by my younger sister at the age of 12 right after I quipped that I was Peter Newkirk.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 11:58 pm

I was compared to Larry David's fiction version of himself on Curb Your Enthusiam, which is probably more over the top than the real him. I was also compared to Archer from the show Archer, and Peter Griffin.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 8:00 am

Ignatius from "a Confederacy of dunces"

Pigpen from "charlie brown"

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 10:34 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I never wore red and white striped clothing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 10:48 am

From where I came from, every thing and everyone is casually being compared to various characters -- fictional and nonfictional...

Been compared a lot in various parts of my appearance, speech, voice, reaction and movement...
In each different characters respectively.

Heck, might as well had a hair cut and give me a nickname of that fictional character based on that, until my hair grows too long for that. :lol:

So far, nothing autistic related.

And the archetypes do not exists the same way here -- includes the autistic as a trait, archetype or stereotype and anything resembles or are associated with any of that.

The closest autistic related that exists here is never autistic of any representation specifically in my native context.

Instead, it's more like non-passing disabled exists whether functioning or not functioning, passing disabled exists whether flourishing or not flourishing, and in which way one is particularly disabled with whether or not is competent or/and struggling...

Competent supporters exists, incompetent supporters exists and abusers exists, and the dynamics between them.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 6:05 pm

George from Famous Five when I was a kid.

Also mum compares me to every single bookworm character ever esp child ones from Jane Eyre (who she says is also like her) to Matilda.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 1:20 am

I get compared to manic pixie dream girls

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

dpcraig
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Nov 2020, 12:59 pm

I was called a replicant once. I kind of like it the more I think of it.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 6:21 pm

My mom always said I reminded her of Timon from the cartoon version of Lion King, Ramona Quimby from the Beverly Cleary books and Farley "Fudge" Hatcher from the "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" series by Judy Bloom.

My boyfriend at the time said I reminded him of Yodaweechi from Bleach.

But as an adult, the most common character I get compared to is House M.D..

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 7:18 pm

If the fictitious character is people's preconceived notions of what they assume I will be, then yes, often.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 8:30 pm

Pearl (Steven Universe).
Description: Perfectionist. Graceful. Lithe. Organised. Attentive to detail. Over protective.

Sadness (Inside Out).
Description: Pessimistic and low energy.

Kwai Chang Caine (Kung Fu- I've never seen it but two people have compared me to him before).
Description: Intuitive, soft-spoken and inquisitive. According to Google anyway.

Mallymkun (Alice in Wonderland, 2010 version).
Description: A sword-wielding mouse you do not want to annoy.

Mandy from The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy (Am I really that terrifying? :lol: )
Description: