Should I disclose my ASD condition on my new job?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 6:22 am

In my opinion it's best not to tell your workplace about being Autistic because of the simple fact that there isn't enough understanding about our condition and most of the time NTs become either intimidated or downright afraid and will act in anger because of that fear and/or intimidation.

You will be blamed for everything that goes wrong in your workplace and people will bully and harass you in an attempt to make you feel like one of the team but people like us don't react well to such treatment.

My many years in the workplace environment have created nothing but one excruciatingly painful experience after another of which I'm still recovering from and most likely will never recover from. I think the only way that I will improve as if I'm lifted right out of the workplace environment all together but then of course there's the issue of money so here I am... still at it.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 6:24 am

Raleigh wrote:
It's better not to tell them in my experience.
The time that I did, so may prejudiced, stupid assumptions were made about me I still haven't recovered from it.

You and me both man.
:(

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 12:34 pm

Do not tell your new employers nor mention it on your resume.

Mentioning such problems will be viewed by your employers as a big red flag to them.