I found a cures/treatments for NT syndrome

Page 4 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2019, 7:25 am

When I get me a brainzapper, life will be so much better. ;A; I'd keep it in my purse at all times.

Also, those golden french fries are the best, even if they are terrible for you.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2020, 2:38 pm

Someone actually went out of their way to found an organization dedicated to finding solutions for NT syndrome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNqBv1NNo1c

#palestinianlivesmatter

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2020, 4:05 pm

Zakatar wrote:
Someone actually went out of their way to found an organization dedicated to finding solutions for NT syndrome!

Priceless...

where ever you go ,there you are

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2020, 4:06 pm

Zakatar wrote:

Quote:
Bonnie Lambeth
73 subscribers
EDIT: So there seems to be some confusion about the nature of this video.

THIS IS SATIRE.

I repeat THIS IS SATIRE.

It is a satirical response to the very serious problem of:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kw...

I am NOT saying that all Neurotypicals are sociopaths, or stupid, or that they are inferior to Autistic People.

I AM USING THE SAME TREATMENT NEUROTYPICALS USE ON US TO PROVE MY POINT.

This is NOT REAL OR SERIOUS.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2020, 5:27 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

THIS IS SATIRE.

I know. But it's absolutely hilarious!

#palestinianlivesmatter

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 1:09 pm

Zakatar wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

THIS IS SATIRE.

I know. But it's absolutely hilarious!

it is

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 8:05 pm

This is so funny.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 8:15 pm

skibum wrote:
Have you consulted Neurotypical Speaks?

Technically, I think the organization name is Neurotypicals Can't Shut Up!

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 8:17 pm

skibum wrote:
Have you consulted Neurotypical Speaks?

Yes I have.

Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 9:18 pm

AstroPi wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
I working on getting funding from Neurotypical Speaks for discounts.

I just have one problem, my official diagnosis says I'm not neurotypical, but I think I must 've catched it while living with NTs. Can I still get the refund? And I wonder, does it help with small talk also? Then I would buy it for my family also... I hope you accept payment in neuros?

... ... ...
You provoked a burst of laughter from this clueless NT, happily married to my beloved Aspie... :D

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 1:49 pm

Neurotypical speaks, it's time to listen.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 2:02 pm

Although I usually have a good sense of humour, I still fail to see any humour in this "NT syndrome" thing. It's obvious that it was really written by an angry autistic who thinks that anything mentioned in their made-up list of "symptoms" are the complete opposite to autism, and for some reason I just find it annoying.

I suppose including "empathy addiction" in an "NT symptoms" list is another way of saying that all autistics totally lack empathy while all NTs are raging with empathy. It gets on my nerves.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 2:41 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Although I usually have a good sense of humour, I still fail to see any humour in this "NT syndrome" thing. It's obvious that it was really written by an angry autistic who thinks that anything mentioned in their made-up list of "symptoms" are the complete opposite to autism, and for some reason I just find it annoying.

I suppose including "empathy addiction" in an "NT symptoms" list is another way of saying that all autistics totally lack empathy while all NTs are raging with empathy. It gets on my nerves.

I have learned through experience that when someone hurts your feelings and you make fun of them for it and their behavior that hurt you, they then play the victim and see you as the meanie and justify their actions towards you. Autistic people do this too so this is a human behavior, not part of any brain disorder or part of being an NT.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 12:51 pm

I know the "cure" for NTs and that's the MMR vaccination.

I suppose nobody will find that funny...

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 1:40 pm

Joe90 wrote:

It took me several times reading this to get what was being said here, but I think I understand. I think you are upset because the OP called NTs "empathy addicted," and you believe that indirectly is calling autistic people "completely lacking empathy". I'm not so sure one can be inferred from the other, but that actually doesn't matter here. The point of the original post was not to make reasonable and accurate comparisons between NTs and people on the spectrum, but rather the opposite. It is making fun of rude ways people talk about autism by replacing "autism" with "neurotypicality" (if that is a word). It's kind of like the concept of a literary foil:

Quote:
A foil is a literary device designed to illustrate or reveal information, traits, values, or motivations of one character through the comparison and contrast of another character. A literary foil character serves the purpose of drawing attention to the qualities of another character. This literary term is named after an old jewelry trick of setting a gem on a foil base to enhance its shine.

In this case, the foil is an AS person preaching about how to cure NTs with offensive suggestions. It draws attention to the character of the NT that is obsessed with finding a cure for ASD while typically disregarding the feelings of people on the spectrum.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 1:44 pm

It's both making fun of neurotypicals-----and making fun of people who make fun of neurotypicals.

It's really just in good fun.