Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ronald1957
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2018, 9:32 am

Pschology Today; Autistics could properly be considered as the Earth’s resident extra-terrestrials. Well that feels welcoming :D Learning about ASD at the age of 61 is weird. Big Bang Sheldon fits the profile of ASD, thought he was just a quirky character. ASD It's not a cancer diagnosis I tell myself. Post Stigma goes Stigmata :oops:

improvisation Band-in-a-Box May 23, 2018 (HD)

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 1:22 pm

Sheldon's traits are largely plot-bound, but you're right that they fit with AS.

ronald1957 wrote:
Post Stigma goes Stigmata :oops:

How so?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 1:49 pm

Having experienced ASD and cancer I can say they are nothing alike.

Learning about ASD in late middle age is weird because everything has to be reexamined in light of the proper knowledge of who you are.

As far as I know I am not ET :D

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ronald1957
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2018, 6:09 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Having experienced ASD and cancer I can say they are nothing alike.

Learning about ASD in late middle age is weird because everything has to be reexamined in light of the proper knowledge of who you are.

As far as I know I am not ET :D

Hi ASPartOfMe
Not sure if it is worth it to unpack... so late in life. Thanks for your post

MirrorWars
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 7:01 pm

It isn't a cancer diagnosis? WTF!

Then I have been sorely misinformed.

ronald1957
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2018, 7:20 pm

Exuvian wrote:
Sheldon's traits are largely plot-bound, but you're right that they fit with AS.
ronald1957 wrote:
Post Stigma goes Stigmata :oops:

How so?

Well first; I was a blue baby with a hotdog grabber indented in my head. So I clearly feel abducted from the get go. Failed Grade 2. Had to go back for a highschooL history credit. And all attempts to have " the talk " was sabotaged primarily by me... If it ain't broke don't fix it prevailed. So now I am more in a retrospect movie of myself... with a life mostly misunderstood. I'd rather stay in the matrix, then eat this drippy snott.

It's playing the same country with a different dance, and ya don't really know where home is. I am not digging a dirt pile through my kitchen window as an unconscious E.T reaction. But this growing ET autistic tribe; is my choosen symbol; of my own self denial a-la-carte. My probe Nomad is in perill. Must sterilize... Analysis ....Analysis

Yes, I have been caught with " you are what you hate " with my pants down. I have taken the full crash course of hypocrisy. The circle is complete,.. all is one! Still feels like a simulation error... and I am the cancer

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 5:34 pm

It's fortunate that you're introspective, analytical and hopefully willing to move forward correcting errors as you go.