Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 3:55 am

In response to the OP, before reading this, please understand it's not intended as any kind of attack, I'm putting it forward in the spirit of a friendly discussion.

My take is, you don't sound insane, but the way you describe yourself doesn't tally with autism/Aspergers, it fits better with narcissistic personality disorder. They're easily confused, because both conditions involve issues with empathy. With autism, the issue is difficulty seeing others' viewpoints, with NPD others' feelings, if recognised, are not considered as valid as your own. So the telling part is the grandiosity and the drive to be in control of others (people really ought to follow along with what you think best - because your way must be the right way).

That's probably why your parents were concerned, because even with the best of intentions, a narcissist can cause harm to others. It might be best, when considering grandiose schemes, to listen with an open mind to other people's view on them. If two or three people are telling you it's a bad idea, it might be wise to pay heed, so you don't cause unintentional harm.

Or I may have got it totally wrong :oops: As mentioned above, personality disorders can only be diagnosed in adults. You're young, so what you're suffering from might be a perfectly normal mix of intelligence, naivety and enthusiasm. Only you can truly know yourself and your motivations.

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 3:26 pm

RickKagoroLumala wrote:
...using viruses to transfect all people with modifications of genes they already have, modifications that would make them more amicable to others, in order to make the world a better place and achieve world peace...

Doesn't sound entirely like you don't care about other people. Sounds like you actually do.

The only problem is that you shouldn't do things to other people's bodies without their permission.

You wouldn't want someone doing that do you, so you shouldn't do it to other people.

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 6:04 pm

No; apparently that's my role here. 8)

ronald1957
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2018, 12:54 pm

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
(“The Call of Cthulhu”, August or September 1926)

improvisation Band-in-a-Box May 23, 2018 (HD)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 12:58 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
StarTrekker wrote:
Adolescents can't be diagnosed with personality disorders because their natural behaviour is so erratic, shallow and self-centered that every single one of them would be diagnosed as a sociopath.

This is strangely comforting :lol: (I'm a pretty persistent hypochondriac w/ OCD that constantly fears all 10 personality disorders, especially clusters A and B). I knew that you couldn't be diagnosed with Antisocial PD until you were 18, but that doesn't really reassure me very much!

And unless you get on top of it you will still need reassurance when your 46 , are you getting the help you need at the moment Stampy , are you keeping any secrets from your parents or Doctors , I think that was my biggest problem not telling them how ill I thought I was coz I thought I'd be put in a straight jacket and padded cell.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 4:20 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
StarTrekker wrote:
Adolescents can't be diagnosed with personality disorders because their natural behaviour is so erratic, shallow and self-centered that every single one of them would be diagnosed as a sociopath.

This is strangely comforting :lol: (I'm a pretty persistent hypochondriac w/ OCD that constantly fears all 10 personality disorders, especially clusters A and B). I knew that you couldn't be diagnosed with Antisocial PD until you were 18, but that doesn't really reassure me very much!

And unless you get on top of it you will still need reassurance when your 46 , are you getting the help you need at the moment Stampy , are you keeping any secrets from your parents or Doctors , I think that was my biggest problem not telling them how ill I thought I was coz I thought I'd be put in a straight jacket and padded cell.

Don't worry; they know everything :lol: . They just won't believe me when I say I think I have these conditions. I am taking 100mg of sertraline at the moment, and I haven't noticed a huge difference in the hypochondriasis, but the depression has lifted, which is good.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2018, 5:23 pm

RickKagoroLumala wrote:
My morals differ so greatly from other peoples' that it's a stretch to say I have humanity. I can't understand anyone neurotypical, let alone other autistic people, and so I can't empathize with them. As a result, I only care about myself, although I put up a facade of being a normal person who cares about others. I want to take over the world, but I only tell this to my family, afraid I'll be arrested or something. I just turned 18 this April. I have grandiose ideas and goals, but I work really hard to get to them. I also don't care about other people at all, but I find myself drawn to them nonetheless, perhaps by novelty. Am I insane? I feel like I'm totally cracked. Now, clarification, I don't think this is a bad thing, but I still want to know. Thanks.
~Ricky

You sound as if you might fit within Slytherin As an aside , my Hogwarts house is Ravenclaw .

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 5:30 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
StarTrekker wrote:

Don't worry; they know everything :lol: . They just won't believe me when I say I think I have these conditions. I am taking 100mg of sertraline at the moment, and I haven't noticed a huge difference in the hypochondriasis, but the depression has lifted, which is good.

Good to hear that the depression has lifted :) Do you think the hypochondriasis is OCD or autistic mind related?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 7:09 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
StarTrekker wrote:

Good to hear that the depression has lifted :) Do you think the hypochondriasis is OCD or autistic mind related?

Yeah; I’m almost sure. I was born with both, and it seems to be a byproduct of having an obsessive, anxious mindset caused by ASD. That combined with repetitive behaviors unfortunately contributed to the severe OCD.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine