Loving yourself when you can’t even be yourself

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mapofsteel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2018, 6:05 pm

I was wondering if anyone else feels like they can’t be who they really are and wonders how they can accept them self when they always have to conform to certain behaviors and standards, and are always putting on a show for the NTs in this world.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 7:28 pm

Set aside time to be yourself, so you can learn about yourself and with that comes love.
Or disregard all social standards, but that isn't something everyone is okay with doing.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 9:16 pm

I am 68 years old and either having or taking the time to contentedly "just be myself" is still a daily challenge.

Arganger wrote:
Set aside time to be yourself...
Or disregard all social standards...

I think the first part there is about disregarding unreasonable or objectionable social demands, and I think the second part is about holding to certain standards you believe are (or at least should be) acceptable to reasonable others. Or in different words: Choose your path for its destination and not by the depth of its rut.

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 6:35 pm

I am trying to be myself at all times, but no one likes what the 'real me' has to contribute and they very bluntly call me out on it. I needed a lot of time to love myself for who i am, because i've always felt like i wasn't allowed to

LeyIori27
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jun 2018, 10:29 am

No, you are not the only one, the things I got is because I was suppressing my autistic traits, I wouldn't even have a job if it wasn't for my NT aunt, I don't know why people can't accept once for all aspergers is a disability, a lifelong struggle with no cure,

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 3:50 am

well, speaking for myself, I just think that if the parts about myself I am content with isn't other people'a cup of tea, then so be it. It just doesn't change my view of myself.

And if/when I have to be myself less it's not me it makes me like less.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765