Urge to pace or stand up when sitting down.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 4:03 pm

Something I have always had issue and that is after a few minutes sitting down I would have an urge to get up and walk around. I have early memories of school when I was about 6 years old we would be doing lessons in the class everyone would be talking in the class then I would be wondering around sometimes without even realising it. I still have an issue now.

Rustifer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2018, 6:38 pm

I think it's actually unnatural for us to sit so long, especially males (as evidenced by females' larger buttocks adapted for sitting more than small male buttocks).

Rigid classroom seating arrangements (and office setups) are themselves stifling to a great number of people no matter what their brain chemistry is. I think it's just a natural reaction to an unnatural environment that inherently exacerbates feelings of discomfort, especially for certain individuals.

I bet it wouldn't seem that odd at all for you if you were a hunter-gatherer. The tribe would probably encourage it because of the innovations you would be responsible for due to your curious wandering.