Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gbgeorgia1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2018, 6:00 pm

Who has difficulty choosing the right things at a restaurant, everything is distracting and people everywhere its sometimes difficult to think in some situations. :?

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 6:20 pm

Gbgeorgia1 wrote:
Who has difficulty choosing the right things at a restaurant, everything is distracting and people everywhere its sometimes difficult to think in some situations. :?

Yeah, it's distracting especially when multiple people are talking. Eating at home is much more relaxing.
Fortunately a lot of restaurants have their menus online so you can decide before entering the chaos. 8)

Wolfboy99
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2018, 6:30 pm

Yes, I’m a fairly picky eater and I often don’t enjoy my selection to the point of being unable to stomach it.

I’m not sure how it is in the UK, but here in the US, most restaurants will usually let you trade it in for something else if you really don’t like your food.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 7:28 pm

If they have freshly made chicken fried steak, order the chicken fried steak. (If it comes out with brown gravy, leave and never go back.)

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 7:34 pm

By the way, at one IHOP years ago, I asked about several items on the menu. It was mainly because I liked talking to that waitress.

I was shocked when she brought out to the table everything I asked about. There was enough food on the table to last me a week. Fortunately, I only got billed for the pancakes that I did order.

That was a rather memorable evening at IHOP. My younger brother was there as well as a couple of musicians. My younger brother kept trying to order pizza but she kept saying that they don't have pizza. The next thing I knew, he was gone. It turned out that he went to the pizza place next door and got a pizza to go.

When he came back into IHOP with the pizza, the waitresses told him that he couldn't bring in outside food so he went back outside while the rest of us ate. A few minutes later I needed a refill on coffee and there wasn't a waitress to be found. The only employee of IHOP in the restaurant was the cook and he had no idea where everyone had gone.

Then I looked outside. All the waitresses were outside eating pizza and drinking beer with my younger brother.

NorwichGeorge
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jun 2018, 12:47 am

I was in a restaurant on my own last year, which I'm not a huge fan of, and I'd finished my meal. The waiter came over and I thought he'd asked if I wanted the bill so I said yes. A few minutes later I realised he'd asked if I wanted another beer. Not wanting to be sat alone in a restaurant just drinking a beer I then felt I had to ask for the dessert menu and ended up with some cheesecake as well.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 4:46 am

I don't have trouble ordering food at a restaurant. Sometimes I can't decide, but it's not because of noise around me.

Lorrent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jun 2018, 7:18 am

I also don‘t have noise related problems in deciding, unless in extremly noisy enviroments. What makes me really stressed out is deciding what to eat, when there are too many different menus around. Lets say more than 12 pages. I also don‘t like to decide from multiple things I like, its very time consuming for me.

RAADS-R: 134

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Jun 2018, 9:59 am

I tend to be a very picky eater & stick with the same food. People who know me know what I'll chose before I chose it when we go to a a new different place. The only time I have trouble is when they're nothing that I think I'll eat.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 3:10 pm

kokopelli wrote:
By the way, at one IHOP years ago, I asked about several items on the menu. It was mainly because I liked talking to that waitress.

I was shocked when she brought out to the table everything I asked about. There was enough food on the table to last me a week. Fortunately, I only got billed for the pancakes that I did order.

That was a rather memorable evening at IHOP. My younger brother was there as well as a couple of musicians. My younger brother kept trying to order pizza but she kept saying that they don't have pizza. The next thing I knew, he was gone. It turned out that he went to the pizza place next door and got a pizza to go.

When he came back into IHOP with the pizza, the waitresses told him that he couldn't bring in outside food so he went back outside while the rest of us ate. A few minutes later I needed a refill on coffee and there wasn't a waitress to be found. The only employee of IHOP in the restaurant was the cook and he had no idea where everyone had gone.

Then I looked outside. All the waitresses were outside eating pizza and drinking beer with my younger brother.

Great story!

My husband tells a story about IHOP back in the day. He and his first wife (now deceased) wanted to place their order, but the waitress had arrived to take the order without a pen or pencil to write with! The customers had to lend her a pencil so she could take the order.

In other words, not really top drawer waitstaff.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Jun 2018, 3:48 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

Great story!

My husband tells a story about IHOP back in the day. He and his first wife (now deceased) wanted to place their order, but the waitress had arrived to take the order without a pen or pencil to write with! The customers had to lend her a pencil so she could take the order.

My 1st job was a dishwasher at one & I did that for 10 months. Your husband's story really doesn't surprise me BeaArthur. A lot of the waitresses were really good but a few were horrible & I cant understand how they lasted more than a week when they lasted months.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 7:13 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
kokopelli wrote:

Great story!

My oldest brother had something similar one time, but not at a restaurant. I was riding with him one day when he made a really stupid bone-head move. A city police officer saw him do it and pulled us over.

He was getting ready to write a ticket and asked my brother if he had a pen. My brother said no and the officer said that he couldn't write the ticket because he didn't have a pen and so he let us go. I didn't volunteer that I had a pen in my pocket.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 7:17 pm

kokopelli wrote:
My oldest brother had something similar one time, but not at a restaurant. I was riding with him one day when he made a really stupid bone-head move. A city police officer saw him do it and pulled us over.

He was getting ready to write a ticket and asked my brother if he had a pen. My brother said no and the officer said that he couldn't write the ticket because he didn't have a pen and so he let us go. I didn't volunteer that I had a pen in my pocket.

Reenactment here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwEfKIlRgAM

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 12:09 am

I don't feel like I have trouble ordering, but I usually am the last person to decide what I want, so maybe I do. Especially now that I have to be careful about gluten, I will really weigh my options for a bit.

Or sometimes I will go into a place craving one thing, and I'll see something else on the menu that sounds better. Or I'll order one thing, and then after I get it I think "I should've gotten that other thing instead".

For the longest time, whenever I went somewhere, I would take the "safe bet" and try to always get the same thing, especially if it was pretty cheap. Now I try to branch out more.

joe_ls622
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2018, 7:26 am

I have a really hard time understanding when it is my turn to order, so I either look at the waiter/waitress carefully to see who they're looking at, or just wait for someone to speak and see if they follow a specific order (clockwise or counterclockwise), otherwise I simply get confused and let everyone else speak and I'll be the last one.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 7:37 am

I stick to McDonald's for 'eating out', and the only dishes I ever order are Sweet Chilli Chicken wraps and Barbecue Chicken wraps. Keeping it simple.