Do You Get Days When You Just Don’t Want to Talk to People?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 8:19 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I have selective mutism, so there's always certain people or situations where I don't want to talk...but yeah, if the stress gets too overwhelming, I just don't want to make peep.
Same here

Wreck It Ralph

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 6:47 am

Most days are like this for me and I only choose to be around people on very rare occasions because I'm forced to be with them at work without my choice.

NTs are just too much damn work.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 6:50 am

skibum wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
I have selective mutism, so there's always certain people or situations where I don't want to talk...but yeah, if the stress gets too overwhelming, I just don't want to make peep.
Same here

I have this as well and it occurs when the situation gets too emotionally charged for me and people are yelling or even with raised voices will trigger this for me. I just clam right up and I can't make a peep and it's like I'm completely locked up or something. I usually bolt out of situations like that.

I just can't deal with excessive emotion because my head is already full of a raging torrent and any more and I'm over-flowing.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 8:19 am

Almost all days are like that

There are exceptions

Certain situations and people

But not many exceptions

:mrgreen:

:idea:

:jester:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 6:56 am

There sure are days when I don't wanna talk to people, be social, or be around people. Honestly, that is how I feel and have felt almost every day of my life. I generally find people annoying and bothersome. Only time I'm around people (Family excluded of course), is when I am forced to (public transport, shops, streets, school in the past, work if I was employed, meetings I have to go, appointments I have to keep, and in the past socializing other kids pestered me into (and a lot of why nots when I said no; for the last 25 years no one has ever been able to pester me into being with them).
And when I've had to be around people, I have never felt a need to comment on things said etc, I just think of what I think of around themes in question if I have thoughts on them, and am content not sharing those thoughts/ opinions. I live in my head.

Never once have I had a day when I actively wanted to communicate, talk, be social (again apart from the 4 individuals that were/are my immediate family)

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 7:32 am

Except with two people, an hour of conversation requires a day of re-plays to check for errors by my crippled social side. If I've got a few days backlog on the post-processing, I try to cut off the input.

Purpledragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2018, 8:02 am

Well, in my case the question should be: do I get days when I actually want to talk to people? :lol: On rare occations I might, but the feelling passes quite soon. :wink:

Pjscrab
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2018, 8:06 am

People with selective mutism - can you talk through messaging? Just curious.

Your neurodiverse score: 107/200
Your neurotypical score: 135/200

You seem to have both ND and NT traits.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 8:36 am

Yes

Pjscrab
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2018, 8:45 am

HistoryGal wrote:
Yes

In that case I’m starting to think I might have had it. I always had trouble talking to new people esp if they were the opposite sex. I kinda got bolder with age I guess. I don’t seem to have that issue now if that’s possible.

In any case yes I do lock myself up once a week when I don’t want to talk to anyone.

Your neurodiverse score: 107/200
Your neurotypical score: 135/200

You seem to have both ND and NT traits.

Last edited by Pjscrab on 18 Aug 2018, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 10:50 am

Yes, espsecially of the time and effort it takes to conduct a favorable outcome in any social scenario.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2018, 11:03 am

Pretty much constantly but I push myself to respond to text messages from friends and go out and see them if they want to and I push myself to text them if we haven't talked in a while - because I don't want to lose them. Unfortunately I can come off as much ruder towards people I personally don't really consider "friends" and never respond to their texts because I rather save my energy for the few people I genuienly like and tolerate. Luckily the people that I consider to be real friends have no problem with me having those days when they can't reach me because the ones who aren't aspies like myself are introverts.