Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 8:31 am

Here I seldomly interact with coworkers....yesterday we take the kids out for recess/exercise in the grassy courtyard. All seem to be content. Coworker tells me about a sports aid sleeve that would help my sprained arm which I hurt at work. He tells me his mom has same problem and that he has a long history of sports injuries and that I can not feel embarrassed. Teacher got us for socializing. The kids need time without us in their faces....this coworker and I didn't always hit it off. This was a moment that we both had where I was able to tell him that I am grateful he returned to us after the summer. We need him. He has an disclosed disability of his own and had tried to over compensate.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 11:34 am

Lame.

So what do they do? Write you up? Make you stay inside during recess?

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 12:00 pm

Hahaha I thought she'd be happy that I'm finally getting comfortable with other people.

Yes, I have a high regard for carpenters.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 12:18 pm

That's ret*d. How the f are you supposed to get to know your coworkers and form a strong team if you can't interact with each other on the job?

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 12:49 pm

Elaine, my mistress is a Diva....has to be the center of attention. I'm grateful that this coworker had a solution to my sports injury. We shared some laughs over experiences. It was a bonding time.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 12:56 pm

Oh, if this is the usual boss thing, she has a need to be large and in charge. Doesn't want the underlings comparing notes; they might find the courage to stand up to her.

Most places that ding people for interacting are trying to keep them down (big box retail, for instance.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 1:10 pm

Historygal, that's what I thought. That woman is a narcissist. I don't know how you put up with her. People get pissed if we don't socialize and then they get pissed when we do. Ugh......

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 1:19 pm

True....and they don't want you close with the other teacher assistants.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 1:32 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Yes, I have a high regard for carpenters.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 1:49 pm

I don't get the problem...they were trying to be nice and at least they didn't expect you to hate youself, so lucky you are there! Congrats!