Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2018, 10:15 am

I'm not a virgin but I don't care if somebody is. That's their choice. Actually, as a form of a most extreme contraceptive you may call it "sensible". No need to rush sex, in a society that is increasingly hedonistic I suppose there's pressure there. Though those people oftentimes end up with pretty garbage lives anyway. Such a thing is a hollow pursuit, as is hedonism, as is materialism.

Though I personally think you need to tone down your perspective on neurotypical thinking. It feels like you've seen one or two people and assumed they were the common element for an entire group (namely, almost the entire world). Besides, what's saying they were NT? How do you know they weren't autistic?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 10:26 am

It may or may not be their choice. The case that they don't have a choice happens. Noöne owes them sex, but this doesn't change the fact that they didn't choose to forgo it. And since inability to get willing sexual partners is a weakness, one should expect to be disrespected for it.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2018, 12:50 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
It may or may not be their choice. The case that they don't have a choice happens. Noöne owes them sex, but this doesn't change the fact that they didn't choose to forgo it. And since inability to get willing sexual partners is a weakness, one should expect to be disrespected for it.
You're right, it can be either a decision on their part or a struggle to find a partner, sometimes both. Though I wouldn't personally ridicule somebody for being a virgin. Even if I were one for insults, I'd consider that a bit of a low bar.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 4:29 pm

If you don't accept, as a first principle, that there is a difference between the life proper to a man and the one proper to an animal, then we're having this discussion on two completely different sets of premises and, as such, it will be impossible to convince you of the truth of my position. I see no purpose in continuing.

I only hope that, as you mature a little, you'll come to see that your attitude binds you, and those who choose to associate with you, to unhappiness. Man cannot successfully live the life of an animal, any more than an animal can successfully live the life of a plant.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 5:19 pm

I don't "hang out" with people who feel the need to judge others based solely on their sex lives, or lack thereof. Nor do I hang out with people who insist upon shaming others for enjoying sex. I'm gay. I know how judgmental gay men can be when they find out that I am not willing to have sex with someone at the drop of a hat. I have nothing personally against those who do. I just don't hang out with people who pressure me into acting just like them.