Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 5:57 pm

I’m still in the nursing home & my sensory issues can be too much. Is there headphones or ear plugs that would be great for me?

SteveSnow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2018, 6:05 pm

I use earbuds since they block out a good chunk of noise without removing my hearing and I can listen to some music I enjoy. I've felt worlds better after I started doing that.

46andTwo
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Aug 2018, 9:27 am

Have you tried active noise canceling headphones? They're fairly cheap these days and if you're not sensitive to the "pressure" some experience, its like being able to shut off the outside world.

artfulldodger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2018, 7:23 pm

I have two different pairs of headphones, one is just a basic set made by Stanley, I use these on the assembly line that I work on in a large factory. While hearing protection is not required in my plant, I have to use them or I am prone to some ugly meltdowns later in the evening from the massive sensory overload from the constant sounds. Its also harder to focus on my job if I am not wearing them. At home, I have a pair of active noise canceling ones made by Sony, they are really nice, and can also be used if I want to listen to music or videos on the computer. The amount of noise canceling can be adjusted on them as well. Besides my weighted blanket, these are one of my most important coping tools in life on the spectrum. AD

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie