Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 3:30 pm

I already have an aspie-complex, lol but first today I was talking to my caseworker/counselor about my childhood and she said "has anyone seriously talked to you about Asperger's?" She wants me to talk to someone that usually deals with children to see if there is really something there. Then later that day I stopped by my cousin's house because I owed her money. She has a daughter with classic autism. My husband is like "explain to me what she has?" And she said "some of them like your wife are really intelligent but..." I kinda didn't like how she was talking, but her assumption about me 0_0;

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 3:44 pm

We've talked about getting assessed, haven't we?

You might be at a point in your life when it makes sense to be a little more "out" with your autism - after you know for sure that you even have it.

I hope you don't feel insulted by the remarks these people made. I don't sense a hostile intention with either of them - did you?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 5:02 pm

The caseworker thought I needed closure. She wants me to get ahold of my old school special education records to help out. My cousin didn't think I could hear but the way she was talking about autism to my husband wasn't very nice.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 5:04 pm

I think it would be good for you to find out.

Wreck It Ralph