Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Annakroboth2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2020, 6:29 am

is anyone else 31 years old still living with there family not working and not able to drive and is adult with autism

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 6:32 am

Not me, but there are a lot of autistics here that are.

Welcome to WP, I like you already. :D

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 7:08 am

Hi Anna, welcome to WP.

I didn't leave home till I was 33. It took me a long time to get my first job and several years to learn to drive. We seem to be working from a different timesheet to NTs.

Annakroboth2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2020, 7:25 am

dose anyone get bothered by people who not have autism like parents and siblings ?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 7:33 am

Anna, Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Aspies generally speaking experience significantly more stress than the average NT. So much so, STRESS should probably be our middle name. Stress is not just a feeling but a chemical chain that is released and stored in our bodies. Stress if it is not adequately vented can build over time and turn into distress.

So the key to successfully living life as an Aspie is to learn techniques for venting this chemical stress energy in a socially acceptable manner.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 7:38 am

Bothered in what way?

Other than WP, everyone I know is NT.

I'd say the biggest problem was the endless nagging and I had to put most of my effort into not going where they wanted to put me rather than in getting to where I wanted to get in life. Getting older has helped with this; they've mostly given up. And leaving home helped too. Also I've been such a massive and consistent disappointment to them that they've grown used to it.

My biggest concern about finding success in my chosen field, which I still hope to achieve, is that it will raise their expectations in me back up and they will start nagging again. I will need to be very clear and firm, a publishing contract is not going to lead to my house being anything but a pigsty. And that fine because they aren't allowed in it :D

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 7:56 am

Are you the Anna that posted (as Kroboth23) as on 6 July 2012?

Hi i'm anna i'm new to wrong planet i''m tewinty three years old i've had asperger's/pddnos since i was seaventeen i'm look for friends because i spend a lot of time a alone.

[Yes that is it. You are currently posting as Annakroboth2. So your real name is Anna Kroboth. Glad to meet you.]
p.s. for privacy concerns it is best not to use your real name on message boards.

It has been a long time between posts. What can we do to help you? The only reason for the comment is that you posted this thread as "Re:" which generally means:

Re: is defined as an abbreviation for regarding. So it would generally connotate an earlier post.