Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

heyitsannax
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2018, 5:18 pm

It has been a while since i've been on here but honestly I need to turn to someone who doesn't know me but understands my Asperger's. So my Aspergers has always been something i'm ashamed of/something that hasn't been positive for me, I got to a point in my life where everything has been amazing I had a job/was going to college, have a boyfriend (who is aware of my Asperger's but doesn't understand it completely), have a close friend (who also has Aspergers so it can be difficult discussing things with her like i'm about to), have a loving family who support me in any way shape/form they possibly can. Recently (a couple of months ago) I started a new job since I wasn't enjoying my other one, now I work at Tesco's (British supermarket) as a personal shopper.. the job itself i'm enjoying so much however the people I work with don't talk to me, I feel very excluded from the team therefore it has been causing me a lot of anxiety to the point where it is causing me to have stress migraines. Ever since I got this job i've had a lot of anxiety about things such as my relationship, family life and more that I can't think of now. Honestly i'm in a weird place as I feel very empty and unable to talk to anyone about how I feel even though I have the most supportive and loving people around me. I'm thinking of going to the doctors and explaining this to them to see if they can help me out or give some medication for my anxiety or something like that. I'm not sure yet. Sorry i just needed to talk to someone whether or not someone actually does reply or just scrolls through, I just needed to get it out.
Has anyone else experienced a situation at a workplace like I am, if so how have you resolved it?
Anyway have a lovely day/evening.
Anna x

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2018, 5:21 pm

I've found that finding a hobby really helps. Whenever I'm working on my arts and crafts, those feelings of anxiety go away and I feel calm.

Olivia_H
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2018, 5:25 pm

Feeling excluded is causing you anxiety? You'll have to elaborate a bit more as I'm not sure I understand.

heyitsannax
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2018, 5:30 pm

Olivia_H wrote:
Feeling excluded is causing you anxiety? You'll have to elaborate a bit more as I'm not sure I understand.

Sorry sometimes i'm not clear explaining things but I get a lot of anxiety when I have no-one to talk to for example where I work since they all keep within the team that was there before I joined, I don't feel welcome and it causes a lot of anxiety about going to work and during work.

Olivia_H
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2018, 5:36 pm

heyitsannax wrote:
Olivia_H wrote:

Sorry sometimes i'm not clear explaining things but I get a lot of anxiety when I have no-one to talk to for example where I work since they all keep within the team that was there before I joined, I don't feel welcome and it causes a lot of anxiety about going to work and during work.

I guess it can be compared to a clique back at high-school. Personally, it would only bothered me if I actually liked the people. Do you want to interact with them because you think they're decent people, or because you think you should interact with them because that's just "what you do"?

I know if I was working at Tesco, I'd go to work and do my job and then come home and forget about it. Is the team a crucial part of your job? My mother works at Tesco and she doesn't talk to any of the other employees unless it's about the job itself.