Sensory Overload worse since blood-pressure medication

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 4:02 am

I have been put on medication due to having high blood-pressure. Since taking this medication I have noticed that my sensory has gotten worse. For a while it was my vision and everything became too bright, now they have recently put me on beta-blockers and since then the sensory issue has changed from everything too bright to everything too loud or all sound going through me.

I have another appointment with the Doctor on Monday so I hope I report this unfortunately I end up muting up at that moment.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Sep 2018, 3:47 am

I heard of meds for high blood pressure helping with sensory issues. It seems like your having a paradoxical reaction. Hopefully a different med in maybe another class can be tried.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 8:10 am

MrMacPhisto wrote:
I have been put on medication due to having high blood-pressure. Since taking this medication I have noticed that my sensory has gotten worse. For a while it was my vision and everything became too bright, now they have recently put me on beta-blockers and since then the sensory issue has changed from everything too bright to everything too loud or all sound going through me.

I have another appointment with the Doctor on Monday so I hope I report this unfortunately I end up muting up at that moment.

Write it down and then hand the paper to the doctor. Even those of us with no mutism issues often find we forgot to bring something up to discuss with the doctor. A list or written summary helps.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 10:37 am

One article on the internet reports "Many people on the spectrum take multiple medications, which can lead to serious side effects." So perhaps you are looking at a drug interaction problem caused by the high blood pressure meds combined with some other prescription medicine.
Source: Autism's Drug Problem

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 1:04 pm

Went to the Doctor today for a check-up on my blood-pressure I did mention sensory issues. She said it is more likely ASD than the Blood-Pressure but I don’t want to rule out a combo of both I haven’t really had any sensory issues for a long time prior to having high blood-pressure. Last time I really had any sensory issues was when I was about 15 years old. But in the last 18 months I had more sensory issues than ever and they seem worse. Then again I tried to ignore my ASD diagnosis for many years. Fact I’ve known since I was 12. Though since high blood-pressure and stress issues and also finding out my nephew has ASD as well has made me acknowledge it and take it more seriously.

I will be having another check next week.