Advice for those who were/are bullied

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:28 pm

I made a couple of videos (first is longer, the second is short) for what I learned from being bullied,

and some ways to reframe bullying so it no longer consumes you.

If anyone wants to watch

https://youtu.be/qFHP2SIODO4

https://youtu.be/uM35AC5SSbg

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:36 pm

Hello stranger :)

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 8:12 pm

Hi, blooie.
We've missed you.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 8:27 pm

Hi nice to ‘see’ u guys again.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 8:52 am

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 8:53 am

Thanks, Blooey, for your condolences.

I missed you, too, of course!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 10:25 am

MYTH: The School Bully is that way because he's abused at home

It's always the same old story: the troupe of good kids spends half the book or movie dealing with some big bad bullies who rule the school. But eventually they meet the bully's drunk redneck dad or fat slu*ty mom and everybody suddenly understands why the bully is such a bully.

Then in the spirit of goodwill, the bully becomes good and they all band together and defeat the real evil in the world, which is parents! It's a seductive way of thinking for anyone who's ever been a victim of bullying (It's also a seductive way of thinking called the "Stockholm Syndrome", where the people being kidnapped and terrorized end up sympathizing with their captors).

That way you can rationalize the bad treatment without having to admit that you're an obnoxious nerd who is physically weaker than the bully.

REALITY: The School Bully is that way because he likes it

The real lesson to learn is that sometimes people are just cruel, and sometimes the cruel people are way more powerful than you. The bully doesn't have to have a mean family member that sits atop the jerk food chain, dishing out physical and verbal abuse that trickles down onto your sorry self. Sometimes a bully is nothing more than a spoiled rich kid who never experienced a minute of hardship, and who has no idea what it is like to suffer cruelty at the hands of a more powerful opponent. And often, the bully will go on to great success and continue to bully people as an adult from inside a huge mansion, or a big old White House.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 12:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
MYTH: The School Bully is that way because he's abused at home

It's always the same old story: the troupe of good kids spends half the book or movie dealing with some big bad bullies who rule the school. But eventually they meet the bully's drunk redneck dad or fat slu*ty mom and everybody suddenly understands why the bully is such a bully.

Then in the spirit of goodwill, the bully becomes good and they all band together and defeat the real evil in the world, which is parents! It's a seductive way of thinking for anyone who's ever been a victim of bullying (It's also a seductive way of thinking called the "Stockholm Syndrome", where the people being kidnapped and terrorized end up sympathizing with their captors).

That way you can rationalize the bad treatment without having to admit that you're an obnoxious nerd who is physically weaker than the bully.

REALITY: The School Bully is that way because he likes it

The real lesson to learn is that sometimes people are just cruel, and sometimes the cruel people are way more powerful than you. The bully doesn't have to have a mean family member that sits atop the jerk food chain, dishing out physical and verbal abuse that trickles down onto your sorry self. Sometimes a bully is nothing more than a spoiled rich kid who never experienced a minute of hardship, and who has no idea what it is like to suffer cruelty at the hands of a more powerful opponent. And often, the bully will go on to great success and continue to bully people as an adult from inside a huge mansion, or a big old White House.

I found out that the ring leader of my bullies was adopted and likely had/has reactive attachment disorder, and was also bullied by her siblings.

You never know.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 1:12 pm

Yeah I mentioned in the 2nd vid that some ppl just like being cruel, that’s fun for them.

But we don’t need to believe that we deserve it or that their insults are applicable.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 1:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Thanks, Blooey, for your condolences.

I missed you, too, of course!

Stay snazzy- you are the best!

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2018, 6:02 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
I made a couple of videos (first is longer, the second is short) for what I learned from being bullied, and some ways to reframe bullying so it no longer consumes you.
If anyone wants to watch
https://youtu.be/qFHP2SIODO4
https://youtu.be/uM35AC5SSbg

I could see that you are still suffering on that. Makes me angry on the s**theads who did it to you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 12:16 am

It's nice to see you again. :D