Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 2:02 am

I am afraid that the people I really like being around don't really like being around me. I'm afraid that they are just being polite but hoping I go away. I am afraid that I can't tell the difference between this and actual friendship.

How about you?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 3:05 am

Fire
Vomiting
Death
Humiliation
Spiders

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 6:43 am

Dying alone
Dying or being seriously injured in a car accident

FromPluto
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Oct 2018, 7:27 am

Seeing something bad happen to someone I love. Especially my little boy or husband. Unfortunately because of the very vivid mental imagery my brain generates I have seen bad things happen to loved ones many times in my mind's eye... very vividly often. Have to be tough.

Top phobia at the moment is crashing on the freeway at high speed. It is actually somewhat a rational fear of course but it can make my life difficult or inconvenient like a phobia. I think it is related to hormones... because it went away temporarily with a herbal treatment for hormones. Also I get this weird visual telescoping affect because my brain sucks at interpreting the speed and distance between me and other moving objects. Very scary looking.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 8:48 am

FromPluto,

That first one is a big fear of mine, too, a greater one than anything that could happen to me.

I fear being hit by some crazy speeder on the road. The traffic is getting crazier here. I won't let it stop me from driving, though. It took me a long time to get my license and I enjoy the independence driving gives me.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 9:02 am

I used to have a fear of seeing elderly and sickly people. Seeing them always made me feel uncomfortable because those kinds of people are closer to death and dying.

I also don't like being alone. My anxiety gets way too high and I worry all the time about what will happen to me when I get to a point where nobody is around to help take care of me anymore.

I also have a fear of dying because I don't believe that there there is an afterlife waiting for us and that scares me.

Also the idea of being in a war scares me. Bad things always happen during wars and not just soldiers killing each other. You have innocent civilians including women and children being killed, P.O.W.s being tortured and treated like animals, entire cities and towns being destroyed, etc. If I ever got involved in a war I don't think I could handle it.

Also having the power go out freaks me out.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Oct 2018, 9:50 am

Losing my girlfriend

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 11:35 pm

Having my favourite things taken away from me by my mother. She tried to take Hogan's Heroes away from me in the January/February of 2016. I keep my daily battles to myself and I don't tell her about them because of that. I also have a fear of most men. I have a fear of most men because a lot of men only want one thing. I have a fear of rising sea levels as well. I have a crippling fear of heights.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 8:58 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Having my favourite things taken away from me by my mother. She tried to take Hogan's Heroes away from me in the January/February of 2016. I keep my daily battles to myself and I don't tell her about them because of that. I also have a fear of most men. I have a fear of most men because a lot of men only want one thing. I have a fear of rising sea levels as well. I have a crippling fear of heights.

I don't exactly fear men but I seem to respond better to women than I do men.

I find most men to be intimidating and if they talk to me in a booming or aggressive voice I tend to shut down. Most women seem nicer so I find them easier to talk to and even though I know that there are plenty of women who aren't really nice and can be mean too somehow my brain is wired to think that women are less of a threat to me than men are.

I guess it's maybe because I had more adult females in my life growing up than adult males. I was never close with any of my Mama's husbands including my real father and I have more aunts and grandmothers in my family than I do uncles or grandfathers.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 9:16 am

psychosis , schizophrenia or going mad and not knowing

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 9:23 am

SaveFerris wrote:

I can honestly say that having a mental illness and not being aware of it is worse than knowing you have it.

Once you know that you have it and you accept it, it's actually easier to control some of your behavior.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 9:27 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

I can honestly say that having a mental illness and not being aware of it is worse than knowing you have it.

Once you know that you have it and you accept it, it's actually easier to control some of your behavior.

Although not diagnosed I believe I have schiz OCD

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 9:30 am

SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I knew a girl in school with schizophrenia and I used to feel so bad for her because she would have these outbursts in the middle of class and everybody hated her because they couldn't understand why she acted the way she did. I was probably the only one in the class who was nice to her.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 9:36 am

My greatest fear is one day betraying the one I love most; God.

Other fears;
Wet paper (Especially napkins)
having a visible parasitic infection
Drowning
People grieving my death for the rest of their lives
The idea of my eventual child possibly being abused, neglected, and/or told they are worthless without having anyway to know, or stop it. (I plan to adopt from foster care)
Being killed and replaced by someone else that looks just like me.
Cigarettes.
People killing children I would of given anything to raise
Becoming a bad person
Falling short of my standards for myself
Living in a city
The idea of being sexually assaulted in anyway ever.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 9:39 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I knew a girl in school with schizophrenia and I used to feel so bad for her because she would have these outbursts in the middle of class and everybody hated her because they couldn't understand why she acted the way she did. I was probably the only one in the class who was nice to her.

My scizo effective sister is really embarrassed over stuff she did during psychotic episodes.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 9:40 am

It's not as bad as it was , learning that I may have schiz OCD has been very helpful. I have good and bad days but we all have s**t to deal with , 99% of the troubles people have here make me feel like I'm lucky.