Would You Take a Course to Learn Social Skills?

Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 5:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
... I can't agree that all prospective helpers are useless leeches. Some are effective people who need money to live.
After having been cheated out of my college fund, my home and my job after trusting someone who "only wanted to help", I learned how to spot potential threats of a similar nature. Claiming to not want to sell something while offering something for sale should be an obvious tip-off to anyone, even if the offer of sale is only implied. Ignoring questions of accreditation and certification is another. Having no fixed address (a P.O. box won't do), and no fiduciary prospectus are two big indicators of something that is much more than just "risky" -- they strongly hint that a possible "take the money and run" plan is in play.

While it is true not all prospective helpers are leeches, with this many red flags, it's best to exercise a great deal of caution.

Of course, those flags would have to come down during product development. We are not looking at an offer here.

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2018, 5:15 pm

Every time you or I endorse the concepts of Autism, Asperger's, or Neurological Difference, we are further marginalizing ourselves, and we are encouraging child abuse.

Right now as you are reading this, there are parents driving their child to the doctor, simply because they find the child to be an embarrassment. And these are children whom the parents did not need to have, they merely did so hoping that they would be able to give themselves an unstigmatized adult identity.

So I no longer talk about Autism-Asperger's, or Neurological Difference.

I would never grace any kind of a social skill class with my presence, if it was based on the idea of Autism - Asperger's or Neurological Difference.

People do not need to sit at home, there are children currently being abused, in the home, and in the doctor's office, and also in social skill classes. Sometimes things related to this end up in court too. There can be ways to get involved.

You become better in more social situations just by the experience of entering them.

If we are not willing to act to protect the children of today, who do you think is going to do it?

Richard

Autism-Aspergers is just a concept invented to legitimate the abuse of children and adults. Neuro-Diversity is just a way of pleading for pity. Everytime we endorse these concepts, we are further maginalizing ourselves, and encouraging child abuse. Autism-Asperger's could never even exist without Nazi Social Darwinism and Eugenics. So I no longer talk about these, I talk about lived experience, often the experience of being othered and then persecuted. I call this experience of having intelligence, insight, intuition, and mystical abilities, the Shamanic Experience. And those of us who live it need to start banding together and protecting ourselves, each other, and the children of today. Beautiful Planet, just a rotten economic and political system.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 5:27 pm

Ah, yes ... ye olde "Autism is a lie" denialism coupled with the "Please think of the children!" appeal to emotion -- the making of a conspiracy theory in action!

:roll: Denying autism does not make it any less real.

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2018, 5:34 pm

Autism - Asperger's is one of the most basic conspiracies around, mostly one of child abuse, and that goes back at least as far as Moriah.

If you don't want more children to be abused in this way, you stop promoting Autism-Asperger's, and you stop the doctors and therapists who dish it out.

None of this would have ever existed without Nazi Social Darwinism and Eugenics.

Now we know that Hans Asperger sent at least 5,000 children to be euthanized.

Others who did comparable things were held accountable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_executions

But Asperger was able to hide his Nazi past.

Richard

Autism-Aspergers is just a concept invented to legitimate the abuse of children and adults. Neuro-Diversity is just a way of pleading for pity. Everytime we endorse these concepts, we are further maginalizing ourselves, and encouraging child abuse. Autism-Asperger's could never even exist without Nazi Social Darwinism and Eugenics. So I no longer talk about these, I talk about lived experience, often the experience of being othered and then persecuted. I call this experience of having intelligence, insight, intuition, and mystical abilities, the Shamanic Experience. And those of us who live it need to start banding together and protecting ourselves, each other, and the children of today. Beautiful Planet, just a rotten economic and political system.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 5:37 pm

Richard_the_ Dogged wrote:
Every time you or I endorse the concepts of Autism, Asperger's, or Neurological Difference, we are further marginalizing ourselves, and we are encouraging child abuse.

Right now as you are reading this, there are parents driving their child to the doctor, simply because they find the child to be an embarrassment. And these are children whom the parents did not need to have, they merely did so hoping that they would be able to give themselves an unstigmatized adult identity.

So I no longer talk about Autism-Asperger's, or Neurological Difference.

I would never grace any kind of a social skill class with my presence, if it was based on the idea of Autism - Asperger's or Neurological Difference.

People do not need to sit at home, there are children currently being abused, in the home, and in the doctor's office, and also in social skill classes. Sometimes things related to this end up in court too. There can be ways to get involved.

You become better in more social situations just by the experience of entering them.

If we are not willing to act to protect the children of today, who do you think is going to do it?

Richard

I just don't understand where you're coming from.

So Autism doesn't exist and is a figment of imagination? Did I take some bait I shouldn't have by asking such a question of you?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 5:40 pm

@Richard_the_Doggerel: Have you any valid credentials as a mental-health professional? Have you any irrefutable evidence (other than "connect-the-dots") to support your assertions? Have you any valid purpose for denying autism, other than drawing attention to yourself?

Denying Autism does not make it any less real.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 5:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
@Richard_the_Doggerel: Have you any valid credentials as a mental-health professional? Have you any irrefutable evidence (other than "connect-the-dots") to support your assertions? Have you any valid purpose for denying autism, other than drawing attention to yourself?

Denying Autism does not make it any less real.

I spent a while in a back in fourth with him a while ago. He is taking basic and often obvious concepts, such as historical abuse by clinicians, and the idea that autism is a normal type of development that is disabling because of the way human society developed, mixing it with his own life experiences, and adding in how the world should work instead of how it does, and then taking it to the extreme.

I have a feeling on his own he will realize the faults in his thinking given time, and arguing with him probably won't help. It's a typical example of black and white thinking.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2018, 5:50 pm

The Mental Health System and its licensees ARE THE PROBLEM.

People come in a wide range of temperaments. But this desire to label them comes from the Eugenics Movement. The particular formulation which holds the hearts and minds of so many comes from the Nazi Party.

Autism-Asperger's is socially constructed. This is a brilliantly researched book:

https://www.amazon.com/Constructing-Aut ... 0415321816

And then Sami Timimi and his co-authors, and the Evidence Based Psychiatry Movement. They say in unison as clearly as anyone ever could, Autism Does Not Exist.

One of the co-authors explains that for the first time in his life he got employment and pay which he considers commensurate with his age and his abilities, just by removing reference to Autism-Asperger's from his resume.

https://www.amazon.com/Myth-Autism-Medi ... +of+autism

And this explains how it all comes down to Ableism

https://www.amazon.com/Re-Thinking-Auti ... e-thinking

And this explains how in portraying the parents as victims instead of abusers, violence against supposedly autistic children is being encouraged:

https://www.amazon.com/War-Autism-Corpo ... sm+mcguire

But sure, if you abuse someone enough, they will accept a label, just in the hope that the abuse will stop. It doesn't.

Richard

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 5:55 pm

Arganger wrote:
... I have a feeling on his own he will realize the faults in his thinking given time, and arguing with him probably won't help. It's a typical example of black and white thinking.
I have a feeling that he will continue to spam threads with copies of the same posts until the moderators shut him down.

Arguing with people out on the fringe usually doesn't help, but it does keep them distracted long enough for those in authority to convene, confer, and act upon their spamming and trollish nonsense.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 5:57 pm

The Mental Health System and its licensees ARE THE PROBLEM...
Dude, I asked for VALID evidence, not a collection of dime-store paperback novels written by someone who may be flailing around in the final throes of senility.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

14 Nov 2018, 6:02 pm

Yes.

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2018, 6:05 pm

YES?

And if you don't mind my asking, why, and what would you hope to gain? And would you be concerned that the course might be promoting the idea of Autism-Aspergers, and defect, deficiency, disorder, and neurological difference?

Richard

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 6:09 pm

I am concerned that you are spamming this website with lies and trollish claims that have no basis in anything other than the hallucinogenic fantasies of a senile old man who has no expertise in the subject he's writing on.

If his "theories" had any validity, they would be published in peer-reviewed scientific journals, and not through Amazon's science-fiction/fantasy branch.

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2018, 6:25 pm

fnord, not everyone agrees with you, or agrees that Autism is real, beyond a lived experience of being persecuted.

Council for Evidence Based Psychiatry
http://cepuk.org/

And as discussed on this very forum, Tony Humphries:

Autism is a theory
https://www.thejournal.ie/autism-is-a-t ... 0-Feb2012/

And then Frances Tustin worked to treat it with Psychoanalysis, not Aversion Therapy, Applied Behavioral Analysis, Pivotal Response Therapy, or Transcranial Magnets. She considered it to be something more like a curable injury, a set of effects, not a set of causes.

https://www.amazon.com/Frances-Tustin-M ... 0415092639

And this approach is still standard in Latin America.

And Peter Breggin has never said that it is not a set of effects, or gone along with the idea that it or mental illnesses are real disorders.

https://www.amazon.com/Toxic-Psychiatry ... reggin+m.d

And Allen Francis, one of the authors of DSM, has said that there is something wrong indicated in this autism assessment explosion
https://www.project-syndicate.org/comme ... cesspaylog

And Peter Gotzsche, someone with dozens of papers in all of the most prestigious peer reviewed medical journals, says that it would be better if the Psychiatric Medications were taken off of the market.

http://ahrp.org/deadly-psychiatry-and-o ... -gotzsche/

Richard

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 7:37 pm

Autism - Asperger's is one of the most basic conspiracies around, mostly one of child abuse, and that goes back at least as far as Moriah.

If you don't want more children to be abused in this way, you stop promoting Autism-Asperger's, and you stop the doctors and therapists who dish it out.

None of this would have ever existed without Nazi Social Darwinism and Eugenics.

Now we know that Hans Asperger sent at least 5,000 children to be euthanized.

Others who did comparable things were held accountable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_executions

But Asperger was able to hide his Nazi past.

Richard

I am quite aware of how the label autism is used to judge people and abuse people. I post links to articles detailing this on WP all the time. I am aware of how the Autism label came into being, I have read Edith Scheffer's "Aspergers Children", as well as "Neurotribes" and "In A Different Key".

Child abuse was around long before the concept of autism. Child abuse is not the fault of a label, labels are just an excuse. Abuse is the fault of the abuser. If we change the autism label to shamen we might be abused for that, if all labels are banned we might be abused for our traits. Often abuse has nothing to do at all with the abused, it has to do 100 percent with the sadism of the abuser.

Bullies using a label to abuse is the very last reason that a label should be changed or banned. Not wanting to use Aspergers because Asperger was complicit in Nazi eugenics is a legitimate reason to change the name, If Autism is a flawed concept of people, or there is no such thing as neurological difference that is a legitimate reason to drop the label. Changing or stopping using a label because sadists use it as a weapon just gives the bully another win, another success in imposing change on other people by force.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Richard_the_ Dogged
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2018, 7:52 pm

I am glad that you are reading. I disagree with what it says in "Neurotribes" and "In A Different Key", because both authors believe that this Neurological Difference is real.

Autism-Asperger's is tied to a particular type of child abuse, that of the middle-class family, using children to give the adults identity, and ultimately supportive of the eugenics movement.

Do you want more children to be assessed? Sent to the transcranial magnet?

http://nuffieldbioethics.org/wp-content ... 06/TMS.jpg

Do you think we should have genetic testing for left handedness, for red hair, for green eyes?

Richard