Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 5:17 am

I don't really drink water or anything else on a daily basis. If we happen to have coke at home I will drink it but I don't feel thirsty almost ever. I will not drink anything all day, not with lunch or dinner (I dont eat breakfast). The only time I drink is when I take my medication before going to bed but it is literally only a sip.

I think I am mildy dehydrated. Does anyone else have this problem?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2018, 6:13 am

No. Stress seems to make me thirsty for some reason.

Lorrent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2018, 6:45 pm

I know where you are coming from! I might be drinking alot of water nowadays, but I had some notable problems with dehydration a couple of months ago. I forgot to drink for a day and didn‘t feel the need to do. Suddenly, I had headaches and was panicking.

So yeah, I also rarely feel thirsty like you.

RAADS-R: 134

swashyrose
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Nov 2018, 5:41 am

I have always had this issue! I never feel thirsty! Well, unless I’m really hot and tired and crave refreshment, but most days, if I didn’t need to take water with my meds, i probably wouldn’t think to have any water all day. I know it’s really not healthy and is probably why my skin looks so bad at a young age...but even if I use a reminder app, it seems really burdensome to force myself to drink it.
Energy drinks on the other hand... I have no problem downing =_=;

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2018, 1:14 pm

I don't drink a lot and often forget to do so (I'll also forget to each, which I wish would happen more often :).

I don't think it's an Autism thing though, just how your body works. It's preferable to being thirsty all the time because that's often a sign of an underlying medical condition.

Still, always a good idea to stay properly hydrated. Persistent dehydration is just not good for you.

When I do drink, the overwhelming majority of the time it's water.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 9:40 pm

I am always thirsty. I probably have Sjogren's Syndrome.

Hunger, on the other hand...if left to my own devices, I can easily forget to feed myself. I have to keep my eye on the clock and remind myself "it's noon, you should be hungry now, go fix some lunch".