Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 4:25 pm

Well my brother has replied re my request for him to write a letter for my assessment. He's willing to do it but not sure what to say. At the moment it's down to I loved board games,tv and swimming.

What things do you think he should be covering in a letter? Did you prep your relatives by that I don't mean put actual words in their mouth , but hint at areas that needed to be covered?

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Nov 2018, 4:47 pm

Maybe send them an ASD checklist/list of signs and see what resonates. My family wouldn't have known what to say without some kind of list because prior to they thought the things were just my personal quirks/weirdness. Anything they can say about social/relationship things, sensory oddities, intense interests/insistence on sameness would be helpful. Good luck Firemonkey!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 5:15 pm

sunshinescj wrote:
Maybe send them an ASD checklist/list of signs and see what resonates. My family wouldn't have known what to say without some kind of list because prior to they thought the things were just my personal quirks/weirdness. Anything they can say about social/relationship things, sensory oddities, intense interests/insistence on sameness would be helpful. Good luck Firemonkey!

This.
Or just ask them to ...let loose with the most unflattering stuff they can remember about you (you from childhood to present). The weirder the better! :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 5:18 pm

But in my official assessment the people I knew came in to the doc's office to be interviewed about me in person.

So if your doctor is not going to interview these people, and just accept letters, then he should be willing to give guildelines about what kinds of things about you he is looking for. And should either give them letters of explaination first, or give you help in telling them what to write about.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 5:21 pm

Well I've told him to mention personal habits and quirks. Also how he saw me interacting with others. Have sent him a few links re ASD to jog his thought processes.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 4:38 am

I posted on your thread yesterday with information on this subject.