Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 9:06 pm

Although I tested positive for AS on the quiz I am not sure of my status. I have trouble interacting socially and my math skills are not good. In college I stuck with math up into advanced calculus and finally fled the subject as I have poor instinctive feelings in the area. My talents are in visual arts, some technology, writing and poetry.
I started this thread to comment that I have participated in many threads in other sites but have discovered no other site with such a variety of intellectual richness to match this one. Of course there are people here who are a bit on the nutty side (as I am myself) but at least here there is a depth of understanding and background knowledge from most posts and a reasonable amount of internal comprehension of the problems. It's a good place to investigate.

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 9:42 pm

I recently joined this site abd enjoyed the acceptance and variety of subjects but Wrong Planet really impressed about as to its enormous value when I had a medical question/comment/gripe. I got so much help and insights. These people come through. Yay for the anal aspies! And hugs for the auties!

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 10:18 pm

Sand,

If anything, what you said indicates you might be AS. Of course, AS is more complex than just that.

And yeah, ignore the craziness. I guess you'll get that anywhere. 8-(

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 2:33 am

this is my non-delete of an accidental double.

Last edited by Jainaday on 14 Oct 2007, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 2:33 am

Yeah. . . I like it here.

And I have a sort of weird, extremely varied cadre of persuits myself.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 7:47 am

It's so nice to read some positive things about "this site."

- Emerson

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 9:40 am

Sand wrote:
Although I tested positive for AS on the quiz I am not sure of my status. I have trouble interacting socially and my math skills are not good. In college I stuck with math up into advanced calculus and finally fled the subject as I have poor instinctive feelings in the area. My talents are in visual arts, some technology, writing and poetry.
I started this thread to comment that I have participated in many threads in other sites but have discovered no other site with such a variety of intellectual richness to match this one. Of course there are people here who are a bit on the nutty side (as I am myself) but at least here there is a depth of understanding and background knowledge from most posts and a reasonable amount of internal comprehension of the problems. It's a good place to investigate.

check out nonverlbal learning disorders... i think i may have As and that, but maybe closer to the NLVD. it's not official yet, but they're revamping a lot of stuff and NVLDs overlap with AS GREATLY.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

RadiantAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2007, 9:47 am

Sand wrote:

Doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary in regards to AS. I've actually heard that some people with AS may have trouble with math because it may be too abstract for some of them. Of course, if math isn't your strong point you shouldn't be too worried, as most people tend to have difficulty with it, you are not alone. Given your strengths, you are much better suited to liberal arts or literature or something like that.

Quote:

Well, which sites do you refer to? If you are talking about other AS sites then yes I agree with you. Most AS sites out there are either just support sites for parents or tend to be lacking in depth or content. This place seems to attract a fair share of intellectuals, which is one of the reasons why I signed up.

Religion: A good way to demonstrate our ability to believe things that just aren't so.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 10:05 am

I contribute articles, cartoons, poetry to OVI magazine http://www.ovimagazine.com/ and have looked in on a few other sites over a number of years. Aside from the lack of good background information which generally does not exist here I am put off by many commentators in their lack of proper spelling and use of internet abbreviations that represents a culture of electronic slang that I find annoying. There is very little of that here. Perhaps I am over fussy but it bugs me.