Page 5 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Are you currently unemployed or are you employed and did you ever had a part time, or full time job?
I am unemployed and never had a part or full time job. 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
I am unemployed and never had a full time job. 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
I am currently unemployed but i had a part time job in the past. 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
I am currently unemployed but had a full time job in the past. 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
I am currently unemployed but had a part time and full time jobin the past. 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
I am currently part time employed. 20%  20%  [ 11 ]
I am currently full time employed. 30%  30%  [ 17 ]
I am currently part time employed, but was never unemployed. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I am currently full time employed and was never unemployed. 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 56

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 10:24 pm

i've had....5 jobs.

snagged my first one when i was 18 in 2015, my uncle worked in a sort of indoor "public market" catering mostly towards upper class people as a janitor and maintenance person, i got a position with him doing mostly the same work. pay was $11.50 an hour.
i only worked for a week. after that first week i stopped being scheduled and i didn't get a notice of my dismissal until, two MONTHS later.

i didn't work again until summer 2016 where i got a job as a dishwasher in a restaurant in that same public market, so i more or less remembered where everything was. and i was a damn good dishwasher...but the toll on my hands

that paid $11 hourly and i worked enough hours to finance, in combination with SSI, a 10 day trip to europe by myself in december.

unemployed again until may 2017 when i got a job delivering pizza at a local shop. i did everything there from answering phones, taking orders, working the register, actually making and baking the pizzas, getting orders ready and cleaning alongside making the deliveries. good bunch of guys, i liked working with them. wages were mediocre at $10 an hour but later on i started working weekends and the tips on some nights were insane. some of my most profitable days were at that job. i think i had the oldest delivery vehicle to boot, a 27 year old toyota camry. pretty much every day i'd hear some strange noise, the alternator started to go during my time there and the timing belt was due, but it never left me stranded. two months into that job i got an offer at a tortilla warehouse where i'd be sorting boxes of product. hourly pay would be the most i'd ever gotten at $14 an hour but, no tips and the hours weren't very much. for a month i worked those two jobs until i left the pizza place when school started. that was my longest lasting job, i wasn't let go until last march.

that's when the vodikatlike era of contronatura started and i didn't seek work again until i lost hope in august. that's when i got the juicery job i have now. $15 an hour, early morning. easily the funnest job i've had, but i'm not an early riser so i've been sleep deprived.

Fos11 wrote:
How do not more autists consider suicide?

what?

believe me, i have. many have, but don't talk about it.

something you want to share?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2018, 6:11 pm

MrMacPhisto wrote:

I know some parts of the UK offer more help than others.

Where exactly is that then? coz I'd like to know.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2018, 6:24 pm

MrMacPhisto wrote:
Fos11 wrote:
How are you not homeless?

It is the case of living on welfare and getting help and having good money management skills. But also I still live at home. I would rather have a job and my own place but sadly this is life.

As for homelessness most of the time that is by choice people do get help and there are sheltered accommodations around.

There aren't many sheltered accomodations around, just domestic refuges. I agree with you that you have to budget on a welfare system, lord knows they're not handing over houses on a plate, and yet the Mod or ministry of defence as they are known are keeping empty houses on estates no one has set foot across for years and years, and not thinking about those with young families who really need it.
As for the disability documentaries, they are very biased and prejudiced in their glass eye media attempts to heres a new classic, find rejects a life of work.
A, they are so far up their editorial areas you can't see the creases and B, unless you can technically manage a telecommunications system you're going to be useless at the end of your trial period. That just leaves hands on work, fine if you're capable of it, but if you suffer from motor dysfunction then it's no go.
So with the exception of one society, in the U. K offering on a first come served basis, of help through interviews and trials etc, the DWP can send you miles away to get you off their backs and UC is currently ruining lives.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 10:09 am

SplendidSnail wrote:
How can anyone be "never unemployed"? Does that mean that one was hired before one finished school?

Presumably, even if one got a job soon after finishing school and never lost that job, there would still be a brief period of unemployment between finishing school and finding that job.

In at least some places, to be considered officially unemployed, you have to be jobless and be actively searching for a job. Perhaps someone wasn’t exactly looking for a job (for whatever reason), but a great opportunity came up, and they took it.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 11:34 am

Full time employed, have been unemployed from time to time and has had several jobs, but i've never had a part time job.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 9:11 pm

Sort of unemployed in that I'm on disability pension but prefer to regard myself as a poet. It just doesn't pay. Unless you're very NT and not a very good poet. Then you can make a lot on not saying a lot but promoting it well.

I had one paying zero hours job before. They used me. I thought it was a regular typing job. They just wanted a fall woman before they scarpered and sacked this guy out of his job...