Vulnerable persons list (lack of a better name)

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hellhole
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Dec 2018, 7:21 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-41335762

I don't live in Scotland by the way, I'm thinking maybe there's a similar list where I live in the North East, if anyone else lives here and has an idea of what that may be, and how to get added to the list. Let me explain...

I've recently (the past 3-4 months) had to ditch two so-called friend's who I was badly bullied from in the form of: playing cruel pranks on me, stealing from me, mild physical attacks, threats, ridicule etc.

You name it, these horrible individuals did it. For one of them, I'm pretty sure knew that I had this condition and he was using my nativity/passivity against me to almost try to control my life, like persuading me to give over my address and postcode so he can personally sign me up to a random job (long story, but basically he was forcing me to work, trying to control my life). My other most recent post ("commanding you to do things") reflects this.

Given that it was so long ago, and I've blocked him online and he hasn't contacted me since, I can't exactly report them to the police (mate crime is what it's called -- something like 80-90% of people with and ASD, no matter how mild, may experience it). However, I'm really concerned something like this could happen in the future, and if possible I'd like to file the discrimination/hate crime act against someone who may do this to me in the future (another supporting friend suggested this), or if I should bump into him on the street again and he won't leave me alone. Maybe even use it as leverage to get a restraining order or something of the sort.

How would I go about doing this? Would I need a formal diagnosis of high-functioning autism, and would that actually be classed as a 'disability'? Or are there no laws to protect against the higher-functioning cases.

Thanks guys.

"vulnerable narcissistic defenses w/ mild borderline traits"; Body Dysmorphic Disorder, (self-diagnosed).

Our internal representation of reality: (http://bit.ly/2BJuj5o)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 7:29 am

Did you read the whole article ?

Quote:
The National Police Chiefs' Council said that there was no equivalent national database used in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

hellhole
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Dec 2018, 7:37 am

Ah, didn't read that part, damn.

If I had my condition on my records though, could I use it for my own favor should something like this should happen again?

Taken from wikipedia:
n the law of England and Wales a wide definition is applied to meet the standard of vulnerable adult. Section 59 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 states that:

A person is a vulnerable adult if, having attained the age of 18, s/he —

is in residential accommodation,
is in sheltered housing,
receives domiciliary care,
receives any form of health care,
is detained in lawful custody,
by virtue of an order of a court, is under supervision per Criminal Justice Act 2003 sections regarding community sentences;
receives a welfare service of a prescribed description,
receives any service or participates in any activity provided specifically for persons who has particular needs because of his age, has any form of disability or has a prescribed physical or mental problem. (Dyslexia, dyscalculia and dyspraxia are excluded disabilities).
has payments made to him/her or to an accepted representative in pursuance of arrangements under Health and Social Care Act 2012, and/or
requires assistance in the conduct of own affairs.[1][2]

So essentially dyslexia, dyscalculia and dyspraxia are excluded, and ASD should be counted in that list. In the future should I just report them to the 101 police number?

"vulnerable narcissistic defenses w/ mild borderline traits"; Body Dysmorphic Disorder, (self-diagnosed).

Our internal representation of reality: (http://bit.ly/2BJuj5o)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 7:47 am

hellhole wrote:
In the future should I just report them to the 101 police number?

I can't answer that , sorry. Usually if a crime is committed against you it's best to get the police involved but sometimes it may escalate things , and make things more stressful for you. It's a personal choice tbh. If I had a person in my life like the one you described I would avoid them like the plague.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 9:37 am

I can imagine quite a few folks at WP would react negatively to the idea of such a list. I can also imagine ways in which it could be negative for a listed person; for instance, would listing be used adversely in employment decisions? I know an individual in England who was all but hired for a position, and his social service agency contacted the employer and said "this can't happen."

Too much government.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 9:38 am

I would have to agree. I don't believe most of WP would be thrilled with such a list.

This list screams "Target!"

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 4:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would have to agree. I don't believe most of WP would be thrilled with such a list.

This list screams "Target!"

I thought the same thing. There are far too many predators in the world today. Publishing a list of people who are vulnerable??? That seems nonsensical to say the least and downright dangerous at worst.

In the U.S. there is an opposite "list" that I fully support which makes public the whereabouts of convicted sexual predators. I believe it's also an online thing where a person can search the database to see if any such person is living next to them. THAT kind of list makes sense to me. A list of vulnerable people? Really?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 8:45 pm

I don't think anyone in this thread has read the article and what's involved going by the statements. :roll:

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 11:54 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I don't think anyone in this thread has read the article and what's involved going by the statements. :roll:

I did.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 11:59 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

I did.

I take it back then :)

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 12:07 am

I read it and think such a database in the wrong hands could be used to victimize vulnerable people.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 12:29 am

Magna wrote:
I read it and think such a database in the wrong hands could be used to victimize vulnerable people.

It's not a published list , only the police and certain government bodies have it at the police's discretion. Our medical records in the wrong hands could be used to victimize us.

I think it's a good idea , I'd probably be on it if I lived in Scotland.

As for Bea's comment regarding her friend , we have the Equality Act 2010 for such occurrences

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 12:33 am

It's known here as an 'at risk' list.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 1:21 am

nanny.

state.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 4:27 am

It could be like the Nazi police having a list of “vulnerable Jews.”

Don’t like the idea myself.

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2018, 7:01 am

I'm still a little confused about how people on the list are actually treated by the Scottish police. Are they watched constantly? Seems unlikely considering how big the list is.

Also does it work? Are less people murdered and raped because of this list? Probably too early to tell.

Depending on how those two questions are answered I might not be against the idea if there is proper oversight.