Jealous of more attractive people with Asperger's Syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2018, 1:51 pm

I seem to feel quite jealous of some good looking people who have Asperger's syndrome and I seem to think they are more attractive than me. I heard that a guy called niall from Love Island has Aspergers, he has tattoos and some muscles going on. I didn't watch Love Island anyway as I don't like watching that reality TV stuff. I've even been quite jealous of someone I knew from school days whose the same age as me (29) and has lots of tattoos, plays in a band and goes to gigs and I've seen photos of him with lots of mates and a girlfriend having a drink and all that. I seem to think they've managed to fit in well with the NT society than what I do and I feel I want to do the same and get very frustrated because of it. I have have not many friends to hang out and are not interested in what I'm interested and they are not the going out types so I go to town or somewhere on my own. I seem to think at times I must be ugly because of my long hair and slim physique and that I don't have tattoos and a muscular physique. But I don't really want to go to a gym anyway and I never know what tattoo I want and where would have it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2018, 2:51 pm

Male sex symbols of Hollywood don't necessarily have tattoos.

Clark Cable, Bogart, Robert Redord, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, Denzel Washington, Eastwood, et al, . Either were/are tattooless, or had/have non obvious tattoos.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2018, 3:23 pm

What is preventing you from getting tattoos, exercising to gain some muscle, and cutting your hair?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2018, 6:56 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
What is preventing you from getting tattoos, exercising to gain some muscle, and cutting your hair?

That's just the right question. :mrgreen:

ABSally
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2018, 7:55 pm

So you're jealous of a person on a reality show that you don't like anyway?

Those kind of shows and celeb things are designed to dumb down society, so people's aim in life is to be a rich idiot more stupid then most people, selling dumb stories, and then if anybody can see reality that they're not great, the zombified masses attack them as just being jealous as they can't understand why others don't think how they're told, when idiots wouldn't be rich if so many weren't dumbed down to admire them.

Same with women. They say to see manky, cheap looking trash like Victoria Beckham and Kerry Katona as style icons, talentless with obvious fake chests they like showing off, over made up, to help dumb down society, in return for constant promotion more than they're worth

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2018, 9:35 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I seem to feel quite jealous of some good looking people who have Asperger's syndrome

No need to be jealous of me!

:)

Tattoos aren't a make or break in attracting someone. It's a personal preference and not a sign of anything in particular. Be the best you that you can be, don't compete with others because if you're too busy trying to compete with others, you'll miss what is right in front of you. You'll never be satisfied if you measure yourself against others.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2018, 10:02 pm

Canadian Penguin wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
I seem to feel quite jealous of some good looking people who have Asperger's syndrome

No need to be jealous of me!

:)

Tattoos aren't a make or break in attracting someone. It's a personal preference and not a sign of anything in particular. Be the best you that you can be, don't compete with others because if you're too busy trying to compete with others, you'll miss what is right in front of you. You'll never be satisfied if you measure yourself against others.

I personally prefer less permanent ways of drawing on your body.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

danieliacono
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2018, 10:08 pm

Trust me looks are overrated, it's about the persons overall attributes, I'm speaking from experience here, if you can make a lot of money and have a good personality you'll do okay.

Aspie19828
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2018, 10:16 pm

Looks maxing go get the tattoos, fake tan, wear better clothes and take steroids to increase muscle mass to improve your looks. Modern dating is all about looks all thanks to dating sites like Tinder.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 2:00 am

So....

Which are you more jealous of?

A good looking person who has aspergers?

Or a dorky looking person who is a non autistic?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 6:07 am

I will never get a tattoo. I’m short and not gorgeous. I haven’t worked out in years.

I’ve done okay. Sure I get jealous.

But I don’t let it stop me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 8:51 am

This young lady from Denmark is an aspie who has worked as a fashion model. From her vlog its obvious that her life is no bed of roses, and that she is not particularly enviabled despite her cover girl looks.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 9:00 am

chris1989 wrote:
I seem to feel quite jealous of some good looking people who have Asperger's syndrome and I seem to think they are more attractive than me. I heard that a guy called niall from Love Island has Aspergers, he has tattoos and some muscles going on. I didn't watch Love Island anyway as I don't like watching that reality TV stuff. I've even been quite jealous of someone I knew from school days whose the same age as me (29) and has lots of tattoos, plays in a band and goes to gigs and I've seen photos of him with lots of mates and a girlfriend having a drink and all that. I seem to think they've managed to fit in well with the NT society than what I do and I feel I want to do the same and get very frustrated because of it. I have have not many friends to hang out and are not interested in what I'm interested and they are not the going out types so I go to town or somewhere on my own. I seem to think at times I must be ugly because of my long hair and slim physique and that I don't have tattoos and a muscular physique. But I don't really want to go to a gym anyway and I never know what tattoo I want and where would have it.

You can workout and get tattoos, though. What makes you think those are the reasons people find them attractive? And if NTs look for qualities like those, which are achievable by basically anyone, is that kind of attraction about uniqueness or conformity? What do you value?

I'd also guess that being an aspie who fits more with conventions of NT attraction may be pretty difficult--you can "look the part," but not have the same social skills. It would kind of be like having a lot money that you couldn't spend--not necessarily useful. You also may attract many more predators.

I've felt your frustrations and they're definitely understandable. But, from my own life experience, I'd say there's more happiness and self-preservation in focusing on what you have than what you don't have. I've made some stupid mistakes and lost some good things in my life by focusing on what I was missing and blindly going after it, instead of placing more emphasis on what already worked in my life and pursuing additional goals more reasonably.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 6:24 pm

Different people find different things attractive

Many precious lil "people" are superficial and materialistic

And , if they find you not attractive, they treat you worse (fine)

But some things you can not control

If you want, please spend less energy worrying about your appearance

:mrgreen: