2.) Yes

3.) No

4.) Usually during the winter season.

5.) Neither

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 2:31 pm

I thought I washed my hands rather a lot but I have to answer no to all of those. I always wash my hands before I eat anything, when I've done anything mucky, like messing about in the garage and obviously when I've been to the toilet. I have to admit to being more comfortable in winter when I can go out wearing gloves.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Kerguelia
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Feb 2019, 8:34 pm

1st Question: If you go outside on a bus or train or sit in the passenger seat of someone else's car that is full of mess everywhere and the back of your head touches the seat's head rest, when you get home do you wash your hair?
No

2nd Question: If you find some money on the floor and pick it up would you wash your hands when you got home?
No

3rd Question: If you buy food in the supermarket do you wipe the packaging after getting home?
No, however I do wash fruits and vegetables.

4th Question: Do you get colds, flus or other infections much?
Strep yes, everything else no

5th Question: Do your TV remote controls, computer keyboards, computer mice and door handles feel clean or do they feel sticky or dirty?
They feel clean to me, but- at least my computer equipment- I wipe down every few days or so.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 9:20 pm

No
Yes
No
No
Clean-ish

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 5:33 am

fifasy wrote:
I want to ask because of my OCD which I'm trying to improve.

1st Question: If you go outside on a bus or train or sit in the passenger seat of someone else's car that is full of mess everywhere and the back of your head touches the seat's head rest, when you get home do you wash your hair?

2nd Question: If you find some money on the floor and pick it up would you wash your hands when you got home?

3rd Question: If you buy food in the supermarket do you wipe the packaging after getting home?

4th Question: Do you get colds, flus or other infections much?

5th Question: Do your TV remote controls, computer keyboards, computer mice and door handles feel clean or do they feel sticky or dirty?

1) YES!

2) YES! because I always wash my hands when I get home. I'd only pick the money up if I had my gloves on.

3) No because I have a system for getting my shopping (which I hold in my hands (gloves off)) through the auto till without it touching anything and into my clean bag. In smaller shops this is not possible so I would remove packaging or wipe it.

4) Sometimes as I am a shop assistant (on tills) but I fear not germs.

5) no because all the mess in my house is my own. Only I have touched my things and I wash my hands when I come in the house. And change all my cloths and shower.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 5:49 am

fifasy wrote:
I respect your opinions. It's clear to me my cleanliness-obsessed brain has become irrational. I've thought of another question now, annoyingly!

If anyone cares to answer this one too, feel free. If you have a runny nose and you had to keep wiping bits of mucous that were running would you keep washing your hands? This is one of the ones that is most time consuming for me.

My nose keeps running at times and I get tissue after tissue to wipe it but I keep fearing my finger touched a bit of the mucous on the tissue, or it seems it did, or the back of my hand touches it slightly, and so I can end up washing my hands 10 times in a few minutes.

No, I'd use a tissue or a hankie or an old pair of knickers (because they are really soft after they have been washed a lot) at home unless I felt really s**t then I'd use my sleeve which I find comforting for some reason. I live alone and wear different cloths out of the house.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 6:17 am

You sound like you're closer to being OCD than most people here. I was on the till in two charity shops a few years ago when I was volunteering. Sometimes it was fun, other times I wanted to hide in the back room.