"Heartlessaspergers.com" wtf is that?!

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2019, 10:29 pm

The page about 'how to spot an autistic person' describes my undiagnosed father perfectly, and probably quite a lot about me too although I try to not be my Dad! It doesnt bother me because I can learn and laugh from it, I have compensatory abilities and not everyone is going to like me. No bother, plenty of people I dont like either, I just dont have the energy to make a site, which is ironically obsessive behaviour!

The speculation about it being a therapist could be true, it does seem earily accurate and comprehensive, with lots of specific scenarios and quotes. But what is the motivation?

littlebee
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2019, 11:53 pm

jimmyjazzuk wrote: "The speculation about it being a therapist could be true, it does seem earily accurate and comprehensive. But what is the motivation?"

Financial, for one thing, and I will maybe go into another possible reason later. If you look on the front page of that site on the right, http://heartlessaspergers.com/ you will see prominently displayed a link under the heading, "Helpful Websites For Significant Others" that takes you to the site of one "Sarah Swenson. Life Coach, Mental Health Counselor, Psychotherapist." And the first entry in the next section down, "Articles For Significant Others," links to her website, also. Her specialty is online counseling for people in relationship with autistics. Go to her page which both entries, "***Q and A..." takes you to, and on her site scroll down to where she explains her specialty. If she can fill, say, five slots a day, and probably more, there is a HUGE amount of money in what she is doing.

I still have not had the time to really study these website and articles, but I think. at first glance a couple of days ago. I saw over-generalization and other flaws. Secondly, even though she is a licensed therapist, what reputable therapist would advertise right on the front page of a site of the supposed person who wrote that crap about people with autism not having empathy??? It would be, imo, unethical, immoral. (This said,all people of a certain group are not the same, and some people, who are members of a certain group, may demonstrate less empathy than some others in the same group or any group, for that matter. I do not like the dichotomy of aspie/neurotypical so much; it might be of limited use to look at things this way under certain conditions for the purpose of inquiry.) Of course, it is all speculation that she is behind this, but I do suspect her or someone like her. There are other reason's I suspect that a therapist may be behind it, too. But, again, even if she did not contrive this, she should not have her name associated with that site.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sarah-swenson- ... ng-seattle

Zinnia86
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 7:52 am

This kind of thing makes me worry about getting officially diagnosed. The Holocaust didn't begin with the Jews, it began with mass executions of mentally and physically disabled people who were deemed as unfit for existence. Some of the first children diagnosed by Hans Asperger as having what would eventually be called Asperger's syndrome were executed by the Nazis because of it (http://time.com/5255779/asperger-syndro ... y-history/). Sorry if this is sounding paranoid...we like to think that our society would never go there again but websites like this really worry me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 8:32 am

Zinnia86 wrote:
This kind of thing makes me worry about getting officially diagnosed. The Holocaust didn't begin with the Jews, it began with mass executions of mentally and physically disabled people who were deemed as unfit for existence. Some of the first children diagnosed by Hans Asperger as having what would eventually be called Asperger's syndrome were executed by the Nazis because of it (http://time.com/5255779/asperger-syndro ... y-history/). Sorry if this is sounding paranoid...we like to think that our society would never go there again but websites like this really worry me.

Websites like that worry me too. I was thinking of taking Asperger's off my medical records, just in case some evil c**t gets elected and decides to throw all people with a diagnosis into gas chambers and I really cannot cope with that. It doesn't seem to scare other Aspies here, as I don't think they know the awfulness of it, and also they just have the logical ''oh well if it happens there's nothing you can do'' attitude. But that's not my attitude. My attitude is to panic and try to do something about it. I do not want to be tortured in a concentration camp, that terrifies me.

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2019, 9:01 am

It's not paranoia to be mindful of past atrocities and keep a wary eye on present trends that have the potential to send us down that road again. I see a lot of early warning signs in certain parts of the world including my own and it makes me uneasy to say the least.

There is an Aspie partners' "support group" which is actually a straight-up hate group that I stumbled upon. I do wish I had brain bleach for that particular experience. It was just a group of people trashing their partners or ex-partners and telling earnest newcomers to the site that the best way to handle a relationship with an AS partner was to dump them.

One woman boasted about manipulating her AS husband by threatening to leave him. He wanted her to stay, though goodness knows why. She told him she would stay if he got her a bigger diamond for her engagement ring. He got her the bigger diamond. She said she was still planning on leaving him. Fellow members of the site congratulated her on her cleverness and told her she deserved that diamond because she was such a good person. What she really deserved IMO is not repeatable in polite company. They call us cruel and heartless. What a joke, and what a staggering lack of self-awareness.

- Joanne M. Harris, The Testament of Loki

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:20 am

So it might happen. I'm going to the doctor and asking to be undiagnosed, I am not being the one who gets to be tortured while the rest of my family carry on with their lives because they're NTs. That's not fair. Why should I be tortured to death because of this f*****g disability? This is why I do not want a kid with autism or any other disabilities. I do not want it to grow up in a world where it will be tortured for being different. It's disgusting. I will kill myself before Nazis kill me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:23 am

This person is a troll----or whatever you want to call her.

She's talking out of her butt. If people don't give her attention, she'll just go away.

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING ASPERGER'S. IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU LESS OF A PERSON!! !!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:25 am

Joe90 wrote:
So it might happen. I'm going to the doctor and asking to be undiagnosed...
That won't change the fact that you're an aspie, nor will it alter your medical record except for the "Patient asked to have his diagnosis reversed" entry.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:33 am

Curiosity got the better of me so I read the section titled HOW TO SPOT ASPERGER’S SYNDROME , it made me second guess a lot of things.

At least on the small plus side this website appears to be anti men with AS , women appear to get a free pass.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:40 am

SaveFerris wrote:
... this website appears to be anti men with AS, women appear to get a free pass.
Of course! It wasn't a woman who "broke her heart" (if she ever had one), but a man.

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2019, 9:44 am

Joe90 wrote:
So it might happen. I'm going to the doctor and asking to be undiagnosed, I am not being the one who gets to be tortured while the rest of my family carry on with their lives because they're NTs. That's not fair. Why should I be tortured to death because of this f*****g disability? This is why I do not want a kid with autism or any other disabilities. I do not want it to grow up in a world where it will be tortured for being different. It's disgusting. I will kill myself before Nazis kill me.

It's not that it WILL happen. It's that it's wise to be on our toes to prevent such a thing from happening again. I don't think you need to go to such extremes as to have your doctor "undiagnose" you, if such a thing can even be done. You either have AS or you don't and that's part of your medical record.

Don't panic. Just be a voice of reason when you hear demagoguery happening in the public discourse.

That doesn't mean torturing yourself by going to troll sites. You can't reason with trolls. I mean when you hear it being seriously discussed or when you hear misinformation or hate speech being disseminated to the general public.

For instance, there was an idiot running for public office in Oklahoma who thought it was a great idea to offer euthanasia as an option for people who were permanently disabled to save the government money. The backlash was so harsh that he then claimed his Facebook account had been hacked by an opponent and that it wasn't really him who suggested that. Spoiler alert: he did not win.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:45 am

This lady with the "heartlessaspergers.com" website must love all this attention!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:47 am

Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
... this website appears to be anti men with AS, women appear to get a free pass.
Of course! It wasn't a woman who "broke her heart" (if she ever had one), but a man.

My bad , I just read the author does mention her relationship with a female friend was just as traumatic - Wow we are such a bad bunch :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:49 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
My bad, I just read the author does mention her relationship with a female friend was just as traumatic - Wow we are such a bad bunch.
Yep, a woman gets a pass, and all aspie men are monsters.

:roll:

Imma stop right there before I start ranting on the obvious.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2019, 9:54 am

Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
My bad, I just read the author does mention her relationship with a female friend was just as traumatic - Wow we are such a bad bunch.
Yep, a woman gets a pass, and all aspie men are monsters.

:roll:

Imma stop right there before I start ranting on the obvious.

Yeah , I could go on but I'll follow your example

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2019, 9:56 am

Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

On the one I encountered it was predominantly women trashing their male AS partners. However there were a few guys on there trashing their female AS partners. One new guy went on legitimately asking for help with communication issues with his AS wife of roughly 20 years. The advice he got was the same everyone else got... "Run away!" Heaven forbid he should actually want to work on improving his relationship with a woman he loves rather than kicking her to the curb. :roll: