Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 3:20 pm

I joined a few new forums today and posted in them. I got zero replies. I also tried starting conversations with people offline and got nowhere. I realised that many of the "know betters" here on WrongPlanet are out of touch with reality. Not that I want to tear them apart. The point I'm making is for many of us Autistic people life stinks. But of course nobody listens, even other Autistic people. What can you do? Sooner or later some catastrophe will occur that finally wakes people up. Until then, carry on as usual.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 3:22 pm

Nobody responded to me, either, when I started on WrongPlanet. You have to be patient in this instance. I once asked why nobody responded to me, I was told "you only have 52 posts, be patient."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 3:23 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
"In order to interest people in what you post, your posts must be inherently interesting."

What are you posting?

What topics are involved?

How often do the other users post on that website?

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 3:39 pm

All I can say is wherever I go, whatever I say, I am treated like a novice, an apprentice, a student, someone who isn't to be taken fully seriously. I have never, ever been treated as someone who is fully aware of what they're saying.

I am always talked down to, given advice. That is what I am sick of. I would like people to at least sometimes recognise that I DO know what I'm talking about and I'm not some ignoramus.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 4:00 pm

social interactions are based on transactions. you give something to receive something. I don't know if I have anything helpful to say as I'm struggling to see past the patterns, but I do genuinely wish you have a good evening regardless of this and hope you can still enjoy the game even after you realise it's a game.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 5:31 pm

"I realised that many of the "know betters" here on WrongPlanet are out of touch with reality. "

"Reality"? A skinny smart handsome cisgender neurotypical white man civil engineer. 2006 San Diego. Homophobic. Had the nerve to tell me that "ylou have a hard time dealing with reality"

What the flying f**k :?:

"Reality" is racism sexism homophobia fatophobia classism

"Reality" is easier for NT to deal with than AS

Some people naturally have less serotonin

Some people are genetically less emotionally resilient than others

f**k mister redelings :!:

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 5:53 pm

fifasy wrote:
I joined a few new forums today and posted in them. I got zero replies. I also tried starting conversations with people offline and got nowhere. I realised that many of the "know betters" here on WrongPlanet are out of touch with reality. Not that I want to tear them apart. The point I'm making is for many of us Autistic people life stinks. But of course nobody listens, even other Autistic people. What can you do? Sooner or later some catastrophe will occur that finally wakes people up. Until then, carry on as usual.

Yes life sometimes stinks and I think we are all insignificant... just passing through and like all the others before us we will be forgotten too.

I wouldn't have an expectation of seeing typical conversation styles here though, it took me a while to get used to it, it's more like everybody has a voice.

Some folks like Kraftie will be good with the too and fro of conversations, I'm not like that, it can take me a long time to be sure I've understood the context of the post. Even then I might not know what to say, or even know how I feel about a topic.
I prefer to reading to posting replies.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:04 pm

fifasy wrote:
All I can say is wherever I go, whatever I say, I am treated like a novice, an apprentice, a student, someone who isn't to be taken fully seriously.

Many of your posts show your lack of self-confidence. People who are that way aren't taken seriousely once it comes to advices or to solve problems because the lack of self-confidence is taken as a strong hint that they are nearly always wrong with what they are doing. What else could be the reason of such a lack of self-confidence?

Always remember: You aren't saying what you are trying to express you are saying what your opposite gets from it. Not even few is nonverbal.

Last edited by quite an extreme on 28 Jan 2019, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:23 pm

You've been on WP enough. You're respected here.

You haven't been on those other sites a long time. People have to get used to you. People had to get used to me. It took me a few months for people to start to get used to me. I wasn't really "accepted" on WP right away.

I think, sometimes, it's a matter of trust. People don't know you. They don't know how you will react. They are leery because you're a "stranger" to them.

I would just respond to other people's threads, and be patient. Like I did.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I think, sometimes, it's a matter of trust. People don't know you. They don't know how you will react. They are leery because you're a "stranger" to them.

I agree that this is probably a good reason. I am very wary about new members ( probably due to all the sock puppets ).

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2019, 7:36 pm

You say you joined today? Give it a chance. People are looking at some newb... they want to just wait and see if you are legit, you hang around for a while. Just relax & don't expect the world to grovel at your feet in an instant.

Apart from my intro message on this site, it took a while for anyone to acknowledge me.

Just take it easy...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 7:37 pm

He joined WP quite a while ago. And he's respected here.

Once he hangs out in the other sites long enough, he'll be respected there, too.

Like I said, I was a "nobody" on WP early in 2014, when I first joined. It actually took me quite a while to even get to 100 posts.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 7:44 pm

Online on anonymous sites everyone assumes everyone else is a nobody.

I figured that out at about 6pm yesterday.

Doesn't mean anything. For eg they assume I'm a nobody in writing where I'm not a nobody, I'm not a somebody but I'm a some-bod? A um-body?

It's cos it's anonymous and how are they going to take you seriously? Unless you're good at something concrete and can advise on it.

And new sites always treat newbies with suspicion. Less so on here I've found. Here is very accommodating. But how do they know you'll stick around? I was on reddit a week before I quit. And you're not their 'friend' yet.

I imagine you're popular on here though.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 8:54 pm

What "catastrophe" could "wake people up"?

(Neurotypical people)

In the news, the catastrophes about autistics, only hrrt autistic people

Intersectionality

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2019, 10:56 pm

If I join somewhere new, I often jump in and interact as if I'm a veteran of the place.

Many times my comments go with a response, sometimes they get a response. I wonder if it is something about me, but it's probably just me being paranoid. Then I realize, many posts go by that I don't comment on. I think it all just makes me an average user.

It's just the nature of things and, overall, it's nothing personal.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 11:31 pm

One day in a forum is not enough time

Sooner or later someone will answer

"Life sucks" for many people, neurotypical and autism

Blind, (disabled)
Prader Willi Syndrome, (disease)
Slaves (job)
Homeless (economic)
Wrongly sent to jail (legal)