So are these disorders comorbid with Asperger's?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Veilmenacex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2015, 10:13 pm

ADHD
Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Social Anxiety
Mixed Cluster-B personality disorder with prominent antisocial and borderline features in context of Asperger's

NowhereWoman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2015, 10:24 pm

Sometimes. :)

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2015, 10:44 pm

it seems like depression and social anxiety are commonly comorbid with autism, from what i've seen on the forum

Veilmenacex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Oct 2015, 4:11 pm

Lol well this is the comorbid diagnosis I got from several forensic psychiatrists in Canada who have their MD (which is doctor of medicine) and FRCPC (Fellowship of Royal College of Physicians Canada)

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 4:45 pm

They're the experts. Maybe they're right.

LivingInParentheses
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 6:14 pm

Many of those things often are co-morbid with ASD.

I have Aspergers as well as social anxiety and ADHD and some other stuff.

But the question, in my mind, is whether the mixed cluster-B personality disorder thing causes ASD to be ruled out automatically. Wikipedia page on cluster-B personality disorders:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_B ... _disorders

It looks like they include Anti-Social PD, Borderline PD, Histrionic PD, and Narcissistic PD. I think any of those could be co-morbid with ASD as well, yes. But I am not a medical professional so don't know for sure.

I would trust your doctor(s) on this, at least until you have good reason not to. :)

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 1:11 am

boredome wrote:
it seems like depression and social anxiety are commonly comorbid with autism, from what i've seen on the forum

I personally wouldn't call it a comorbidity because people with autistic symptoms aren't treated kindly by others right from the start. This in itself causes social anxiety. With further abuse and marginalization comes depression. Human beings need acceptance and love. When they don't receive it, illness comes.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 1:27 am

Veilmenacex wrote:
ADHD
Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Social Anxiety
Mixed Cluster-B personality disorder with prominent antisocial and borderline features in context of Asperger's

I honestly believe that a child is born with either ADHD or Asperger's. The defiant disorder, the social anxiety, and the mixed cluster B are directly from social and societal abuse. Society doesn't want to be accountable for the injustices that they inflict on those who are different. When you marginalize, bully, and degrade a human being, they will respond in their own way. It's a vicious circle. Once you get a label and get pushed around, you'd better dare not defend yourself because you'll get several more labels. All you wanted in the first place was a little respect. That's what missing - the respect. You don't get the respect because of the initial label. I have a neighbor who boasts a master's degree and works within a school district along with social workers. This woman is the most rotten, racist, gossipy, cruel, competitive, sadistic person that ever lived and yet is in the profession I described. I nicknamed her Nurse Rachet - from "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest". When people like us have to deal with people like this, prison is inescapable! and who should really be behind those bars? I say the "Labelers".

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 1:38 am

ADHD and Anxiety are very usual co morbids with Aspergers. I think I've heard of some B-clusters disorders also. The other I'm not sure.

My school thought I had Opposition Defiant Disorder, I did NOT. It was simply my Aspergers response to crappy environments, overloads and so fourth. For it to be a co - occurring with Aspergers I'd imagine you'd have to be REALLY oppositional since those of us on the spectrum will act as a certain disorder from not being able to cope as I did, for instance. But I'm no expert

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Feb 2019, 6:43 am

I don't think it's very common for ODD to be diagnosed with ASD. However it is possible for people with ASD to sometimes be misdiagnosed with ODD. My parents were told 1ce by some sort of skewl professional that I had ODD but I'm really very compliant with authority. My teachers were NOT aware of my Aspergers & other issues & the bullies would gang together & lie on me & start fights with me to get me in trouble. One of my job reviews said I'm very eager to please management whereas someone with ODD would be the opposite.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 11 Feb 2019, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 8:27 am

ANYTHING can be comorbid with Asperger's as long as you have Asperger's and another condition. That's what comorbid means - 2 or more conditions at the same time. Chickenpox dishpan hands, barber's rash...anything

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 10:24 am

all but; Mixed Cluster-B personality disorder with prominent antisocial and borderline features in context of Asperger's

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia