Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 1:15 pm

Yep. Usually verbal in people with Asperger's.

For a person with classic autism, though, it's quite possible that the "performance" result will be higher.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 1:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep. Usually verbal in people with Asperger's.

For a person with classic autism, though, it's quite possible that the "performance" result will be higher.

I had 25th percentile verbal and 5th percentile non-verbal, but I'm not HFA.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 1:21 pm

With me verbal is much better.

https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/FSIQ/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 1:24 pm

You're about the same as me----when I was 15 years old.

My verbal went down, and my performance went up as I got older.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 1:25 pm

I thought my verbal would be really high because I study English Literature, have a wide vocabulary and write well. I suppose that wasn't what it measured. I can't remember which tests were for verbal. For non-verbal I had to look at a picture book with no words and tell the story. I was hopeless. I had no idea what it was about.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 1:26 pm

It's really not an absolute rule that Aspergians have to have much better verbal scores than performance scores. But it's the trend.

Many people with classic autism also do well verbally.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 1:29 pm

The "telling the story" segment is not a "performance" test. An example of a "performance" test is "matching actual blocks to a picture of a design of blocks."

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 1:31 pm

I wish I could remember the verbal tests. Perhaps it had to do with my mutism, although I wasn't mute during the test. I think part of it was the observation that I drifted off topic and didn't always understand questions, implications or instructions. I remember a few tests such as "Name all the boys' names you can name in 30 seconds ..." I think they had to be in alphabetical order? I wish I could remember more. I have all my scores but don't recall the process.

I had the lowest score my assessor had ever seen on that test where you read people's eyes. She was aghast. It explains a lot about my life, unfortunately.

korts,
YES! I remember those matching shape tests. They were awful! I have no spatial sense. I've always known that. I excelled in all maths in school, except for anything 3D or spatial. Those tests were hard.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 3:10 am

firemonkey wrote:
Was a little nerve wracking. A lot of stuff about very early childhood that I couldn't answer. I said 'maybe' to some stuff ie I wasn't sure. I was getting the impression,rightly or wrongly, she was taking those as a 'yes' . I struggled to answer what I did in my spare time at home and at boarding school. Mind was a virtual blank. Have got another appt on 27th this month and 13th next month. I'm not sure if that's par for the course, or if they're sure you're not on the spectrum they tell you straight out and there's no need for other appointments.

Got a Ritvo to do with some questions to fill in . One part was about other diagnoses including psychiatric ones. That's got me flustered as they want doctor's/clinic name. It seemed very ambivalent to me ie are they asking for current dx or dx back when first dxed in 1975?

Mine was in two parts but they had all the stuff my Mum had filled out too. Did they use DISCO? My assessment

was not how others are describing so be prepared for that. I think it's good there are gaps between appointments,

time to digest.

I've never had any kind of IQ test which was fine until I read this thread. Now I think I would like to know my

verbal compared to the other parts.