Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 64,633
Location: Queens, NYC

11 Feb 2019, 10:44 am

I am King of all the Wolfmen! :P



fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,264
Location: England

11 Feb 2019, 10:48 am

I acknowledge your majesty when I walk in the woods!!



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 64,633
Location: Queens, NYC

11 Feb 2019, 10:49 am

It's cool that you have both woods and sea near you.



Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Feb 2008
Age: 71
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,874
Location: Where the Great Plains meet the Northern Pines

11 Feb 2019, 3:27 pm

fifasy wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
How much alcohol have you consumed today?


4 small bottles of rum. Elizabeth Taylor and Amy Winehouse were kind of like me too.

Shall we have a wager? What are the odds I will get banned for being drunk and disorderly?


I don't know about banned, but ignored is a real possibility. I have a face-friend who is only welcome here when unusually sober. Otherwise, I'd have to go to al-anon meetings to deal with the confusion in my life. Drink makes life feel easier for the drinker, but harder for everyone around.
Thanks for the thread, though. I've now got a list of types of respect started. I can respect someone as a human being, but not as a logical thinker, even if they can't tell the difference.



ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2013
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 671
Location: New Jersey, USA

11 Feb 2019, 3:39 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I reply to topics I think I can contribute to, not to keep up with hazily - distant acquaintances.


Quite often, I find myself reading a response and thinking "Wow, it sounds like something I might say, or wish I'd said." This being one of them. Very often, you're the one posting it. I like the cut of your jib, old man!

(And hey, no need to reply to this if you don't want to.)



fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,264
Location: England

11 Feb 2019, 4:46 pm

Dear_one wrote:
fifasy wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
How much alcohol have you consumed today?


4 small bottles of rum. Elizabeth Taylor and Amy Winehouse were kind of like me too.

Shall we have a wager? What are the odds I will get banned for being drunk and disorderly?


I don't know about banned, but ignored is a real possibility. I have a face-friend who is only welcome here when unusually sober. Otherwise, I'd have to go to al-anon meetings to deal with the confusion in my life. Drink makes life feel easier for the drinker, but harder for everyone around.
Thanks for the thread, though. I've now got a list of types of respect started. I can respect someone as a human being, but not as a logical thinker, even if they can't tell the difference.


I don't want to startle people. Today I had an epiphany. I realised that people see me differently when I'm drunk than how I see myself. I am only trying to survive.



BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Aug 2015
Posts: 4,922

11 Feb 2019, 6:32 pm

fifasy wrote:
I don't want to startle people. Today I had an epiphany. I realised that people see me differently when I'm drunk than how I see myself. I am only trying to survive.

Well, drinking is a rather poor way to survive.


_________________
Gone.


TUF
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,464

12 Feb 2019, 2:39 pm

I always get ignored everywhere because I stand out. Maybe that's it with you too?

I really liked your advice in Haven :)

I want to know what number I am now.

I only assign myself numbers. Last time I did that I was number 8. I got into an argument when I swapped days because someone else was number 8 too and we had the same locker.



fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,264
Location: England

12 Feb 2019, 3:08 pm

TUF wrote:
I always get ignored everywhere because I stand out. Maybe that's it with you too?

I really liked your advice in Haven :)

I want to know what number I am now.

I only assign myself numbers. Last time I did that I was number 8. I got into an argument when I swapped days because someone else was number 8 too and we had the same locker.


Wow, that's uncanny. I actually did see an 8 for you before finishing your post. I associate 8 with strength and courage but I didn't consciously pick it for you, it just came.

Yeah, I think I can get ignored for standing out too. Either ignored or attract too much attention.

Thinking of it, I think the 8 came to me because I remember you talking about dealing with that neighbour of yours, and I was really impressed, I wish I could handle a situation as well as that. :)



rebeccadanielprophet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 14 Dec 2017
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 157
Location: maryland

12 Feb 2019, 6:22 pm

I count people when I am on the bus but i dont give them numbers


_________________
Change: sometimes it's painful, sometimes it's beautiful, but most of the times its both.

"Someday you might see who I really am, and it will change the way you feel about me." "Nothing could ever do that."


Made different to make a difference

whether as victor or vanquished, isn't it better than sullen resignation?


littlebee
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,495

13 Feb 2019, 3:07 am

quote:

DanielW wrote:
fifasy wrote:
DanielW wrote:
@Well, I know one person who likes you here...So I guess you won't be able to say that anymore. :-) Seriously though, I am glad you are here. You seem like a nice guy who maybe hasn't had it so easy?


To be liked is nice but I ultimately want respect.


Everybody deserves respect. Some respect has to be earned I think (I'm not great at emotional/social stuff so I could be wrong about the type of respect you are looking for) But I can say that I don't respect you any less than anyone else right now.

I'm just glad you took the time to write something back, honestly.



"....Everybody deserves respect."

Personally I disagree with this comment. Generally speaking, if a person behaves in a certain way, then imo they do not deserve respect and will not get mine. Of course the concept of respect can for some people relate more to subjective values rather then to conscience.



Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Apr 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,653
Location: A cold place with lots of blondes.

13 Feb 2019, 3:38 am

fifasy wrote:
I always knew most people here didn't like me. But telling people is a waste of time. As the saying goes: SHOW don't tell. I posted threads recently and nobody answered them and I thus realised I was corrrect in my assessment no one cares about me here. So that's your lesson for today. SHOW, don't tell.


I'm mostly ambivalent with most people on the forums. Some i like, some i dislike. You are in the ambivalent section, if that makes you feel better :lol:

And don't worry about people not responding to your posts, most things have been discussed to death and over and over here on the forums. New threads are created on the same subjects without people searching for them.


_________________
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring" (Carl Sagan)


Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2017
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,426
Location: UK

13 Feb 2019, 8:37 am

Ichinin wrote:
fifasy wrote:
I always knew most people here didn't like me. But telling people is a waste of time. As the saying goes: SHOW don't tell. I posted threads recently and nobody answered them and I thus realised I was corrrect in my assessment no one cares about me here. So that's your lesson for today. SHOW, don't tell.


I'm mostly ambivalent with most people on the forums. Some i like, some i dislike. You are in the ambivalent section, if that makes you feel better :lol:

And don't worry about people not responding to your posts, most things have been discussed to death and over and over here on the forums. New threads are created on the same subjects without people searching for them.


A refreshing post, Ichinin. Ambivalence is underrated.

I think I've only started one post on here and received no replies... that was probably a blessing really.


_________________
Steve J

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame


littlebee
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,495

13 Feb 2019, 9:56 am

Quote:

fifasy wrote:
I always knew most people here didn't like me. But telling people is a waste of time. As the saying goes: SHOW don't tell. I posted threads recently and nobody answered them and I thus realised I was corrrect in my assessment no one cares about me here. So that's your lesson for today. SHOW, don't tell.

+++++

Here's your lesson for today: If a person does or does not respond to your thread does not necessarily mean that they like you or do not like you. I mainly respond to threads that fit into what I am doing, as I generally have a larger aim. Secondly, telling can be an integral part of showing. It is not that you (meaning anyone) don't tell, but how you tell. The way a person tells SHOWS me who they are, and this often determines whether or not I like them.

Thirdly, yes it IS or at least can be important whether or not people like oneself. If people like each other and show each other ordinary respect in their daily interactions, then everybody is more likely to be happy and people in general are less likely to be harmed, Some people I just do not like, generally because of their behavior, which includes the idea content or lack of idea content in what they are saying, and also what they do, such as if they are pushy. If someone thwarts what I am doing, especially if I am trying to help another person who is suffering (which person on some level probably represents myself to me), then I am less likely to like them. This is why it is important, for me, at least, to have a conscious plan and know what I am doing. I do not like to interact entirely by feeling as that can easily backfire,

Re rating people, I think everyone does this to some degree--I definitely do. As mentioned in my previous message, different people have different standards of value, but if someone likes me then I am more likely to like them. Maybe from this message you cannot tell for sure whether I like you or not, as it is how it is designed, but I hope I have shown you something.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,894
Location: temperate zone

14 Feb 2019, 7:29 pm

fifasy wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
fifasy wrote:

Shall we have a wager? What are the odds I will get banned for being drunk and disorderly?


Image

Good evening Sir.

Have you been drinking? Can you blow into this bag?

I am afraid to tell you that you are over the limit to drive but perfectly fine to post on WP :P



Good sir you know I pray to thee. Ha. All the world is a Subway sandwich.


That's exactly what Buddha said!

"Each of us is one with everything". :D