Help with voice questions please -RAADS

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 5:11 am

I have to fill in the RAADs for my assessment but am stumped on the questions re normal rhythm/normal tone/unusual voice.

How does my voice sound here?

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1QcNTBTpdlJ

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 6:26 am

There's an uneven rhythm to your speech, there isn't an even flow. There's also a higher pitch than usual for a man, a somewhat childlike quality to the tone of your voice.

By the way it takes courage to record one's voice. I really don't like hearing my own voice. :)

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 6:37 am

Thanks for your reply. Being semi old?(62) having a childlike quality is a bit odd?

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 2:28 pm

firemonkey wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Being semi old?(62) having a childlike quality is a bit odd?

Yes, it is a bit odd but you will find that all people with Asperger's and Autism are odd; it is just the nature of the condition. And I believe we have our own qualities to offer that people less odd don't.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 3:38 pm

I've posted about this across forums and it's interesting to note the differing opinions.

Quote:
Sounds slightly sing-songy and there’s a slightly unnatural sounding cadence to it, but these things are very mild.

Quote:
It is on the higher side in pitch, but I’ve met plenty of people who just have high pitched voices.

Quote:
It sounds perfectly normal, meaning you have rhythm and tone. That’s how it sounds to me anyway, over the recording.

Quote:
You have a lovely voice Firemonkey, NOT unusual at all. You sound very well spoken (which is good!), speak very clearly

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 3:48 pm

My security software got paranoid, and resisted me downloading it. So I gave up on it. Sorry. Cant give you any feedback.