Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 7:34 am

Predictably enough, nothing. As someone who's never had a valentine and never had a girlfriend, best case scenario, Valentine's day can just be a normal day, indistinguishable from any other regular day. Worst case scenario, it brings my inadequacies and discontentment with being chronically single to the forefront and induces depression. I've never been able to celebrate Valentine's day with a significant other and all it does is serves as a reminder that other people can have relationships and I can't, so obviously I hate it.

InquisitveJay
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2019, 8:20 am

Opening cards together on video chat with my boyfriend later, then tomorrow I'll get to see him in the flesh and go out for a date :heart:

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Feb 2019, 8:26 am

Checking out the athletic female swimmers and divers at the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Championships being held in Buffalo :wink: Also planning on stocking up on discounted candy tomorrow :P

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 10:27 am

I will spend it with my love of science in isolation from others as best I can. This is a day of darkness for me.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 10:33 am

BeaArthur wrote:
On one hand, I agree with you.

On the other hand, I know my husband is sentimental and always buys greeting cards. Part of caretaking of him is to honor his feelings wherever I can.

We did buy the heart-shaped box of candies. :)

My husband came back with a heart-shaped box of candies too when he went to the pharmacy to get my meds yesterday. Today didn't start off too well, he's now sick too

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 11:09 am

Bah humbug.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 11:19 am

My twin sister's birthday is on February 1st. I cannot do anything big, so I figured I would do a lot of little things from her birthday on February 1st to Valentine's Day on February 14th. I got a box of Valentine's Day cards and chocolates meant for kids to distribute to all of their classmates. I got a small Valentine's Day decorated mailbox and placed a single card and chocolate in the mailbox each day. Then, on Valentine's Day, I divided the remaining 12 cards and chocolates between my dad, my mom, and my sister.

If the weather stays nice and we are feeling well, we may go out and enjoy a free meal, or free dessert, or several, with one of our birthday coupons.

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 11:24 am

Here, in this adult living facility, they have a 12 noon Valentine's Day pizza luncheon planned for us. I'll attend it but not the singalong that comes after it. If they'll be singing Bob Marley, The Police, Peter Gabriel or Judas Priest songs, then I'll stay, but since I'm sure it'll be sleepy, old-fashioned ditties like "She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain When She Comes," "Camptown Races," and "Take Me Back to Old Virginny," then I'm gonna pass.

They say there'll be a mix of rain and snow for the rest of the day, so I'll just chill here watching Forensic Files or maybe even get some music production done.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 11:27 am

Where I'm from Valentine's Day is about friends, not couples, which might partly be why I'm not bothered by being single today.

Not that I have anything special for today... work, few hours at town since I have no time to go home, then Japanese lessons and I go home around 21.00. I did write a short story for Valentine's Day beforehand, so I'll try to upload it to a few websites before the day is over.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2019, 12:24 pm

I'm probably just gonna do homework, watch YouTube videos and play videogames.

My mom gave me a chocolate heart, and my best friend texted me, thanking me for getting smoothies with her yesterday. She didn't mention Valentines Day, though.

Valentines Day always makes me think of my wisdom surgery, four years ago on the 13th. I was in tears, both because of fear and because of the pain of having that needle-thing stuck in my arm. After my mom left the room and the doctors got ready to do their thing, they told me to cheer up because it would be Valentines Day the day after. I replied: "I HATE Valentines Day!" That's the last thing I remember before passing out.

I can't say I hate Valentines Day anymore, but I don't feel particularly fond of it either.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 1:41 pm

I had a lunch at my favorite restaurant. I was the first customer. I got a free strawberry shortcake desert!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 2:08 pm

Some of the traits of Aspies are:

* despite a desire for friends, difficulty in initiating or maintaining close relationships
* perceived to be cold-hearted and self-centered, unfriendly
* socially awkward (inability to socialize) (severe impairment in reciprocal social interaction)
* difficulty with nonverbal communication (hand gestures, facial expression, body language, eye-to-eye gaze)
* does not understand conventional social rules (have problems with following social conventions such as respecting another person's physical space, speaking loudly in quiet places) * does not understand the use of gestures or sarcasm (may not understand the subtleties of language, such as irony and humor)
* shows a lack of empathy (difficulty understanding others’ feelings, difficulty communicating feelings)
* unaware of others’ thoughts, feelings, desires, intentions or perceptions resulting in inadvertently appearing rude or inconsiderate

One of the lessons in life that I have learned after being married to an NT (an extreme extrovert) for around 45 years now, is that there are 3 dates you commit to memory. They must always be celebrated.
These are your spouse's birthday, the date of your marriage and Valentines Day.
It is just the way it is. Don't question it, just do it. It will all make sense in the end.
There are many males on Wrong Planet that constantly complain that they are unable to find girls to date, to love, and possibly someday marry. This is a day you can attempt to make a connection. It is socially acceptable to give them a card, a bouquet of flowers or box of chocolates. It is a symbol of LOVE.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 3:04 pm

Angnix wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
On one hand, I agree with you.

On the other hand, I know my husband is sentimental and always buys greeting cards. Part of caretaking of him is to honor his feelings wherever I can.

We did buy the heart-shaped box of candies. :)

My husband came back with a heart-shaped box of candies too when he went to the pharmacy to get my meds yesterday. Today didn't start off too well, he's now sick too

Oh, that's touching of him. I recommend you go easy on the chocolates until you're feeling better, though!

Which I hope is quite soon.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 4:46 pm

After work I went shopping and bought a packet of fish fingers, some fresh bread, and a cake. :D

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 5:27 pm

regular day for me. Valentine's day isn't celebrated as much here since it's a religious holiday but I have seen a few guys with flowers so I guess girls still like to receive presents no matter the occasion. They just need an excuse to get bought stuff haha

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 8:02 pm

Spend my Xmas money on a tattoo then bought steak for tea and a bottle of wine for my GF. The money should of been saved for emergencies but sod it :twisted:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard