Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 10:57 am

Has anyone tried CBD oil or edibles for autism-related anxiety and meltdowns? If so, has it helped? What is it like?

pasty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2019, 3:53 pm

I tried CBD oil and it did nothing for me. It didn't change my anxiety or my migraines or my sleep patterns. I feel exactly the same.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 1:03 am

High CBD low THC (27.7%/2%) cannabis oil chills me out and puts me in a better mood. it is calming like a benzo but kicks in quicker when you use it under the tongue. I havent tried CBD oil made from hemp, only tried CBD oil made from cannabis. Only side effect is inital drowsiness that goes away and dry mouth/dry eyes.

If you live in legal state id reccomend using cannabis oil high in CBD with a little THC in it rather than CBD only hemp oil. Even a 1:1 CBD to THC oil or edible would be good. Edibles last longer but take up to 1.5 hours to kick in and last 8 to 10 hours.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 1:35 am

Noca wrote:
High CBD low THC (27.7%/2%) cannabis oil chills me out and puts me in a better mood. it is calming like a benzo but kicks in quicker when you use it under the tongue. I havent tried CBD oil made from hemp, only tried CBD oil made from cannabis. Only side effect is inital drowsiness that goes away and dry mouth/dry eyes.

If you live in legal state id reccomend using cannabis oil high in CBD with a little THC in it rather than CBD only hemp oil. Even a 1:1 CBD to THC oil or edible would be good. Edibles last longer but take up to 1.5 hours to kick in and last 8 to 10 hours.

I can’t do any THC because I have a psychotic disorder.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 7:53 am

I've never tried CBD oil, but the only thing edibles tend to do for me is settle my stomach. I've always joked that this must mean that I'm just high all the time.

StarThrower
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Feb 2019, 4:19 pm

I find that taking CBD either orally or by vaping really helps anxiety a lot . In fact , before going to the dentists whom I've had a traumatic past with , I take three good pulls off the vape pen . When I feel stressed , confused and feeling like a meltdown is coming , I hit the pen . When I fly now , I bring the liquid CBD and with that and noise cancelling headphones , I can get through the airport without feeling like a time bomb waiting to go off .
It's important to get the right dosage that works for you . Most people when they first try CBD buy it from a health store . For some reason I've noticed that they only carry the lowest doses ( 5mg ) available and they don't work . You need to get much higher doses , like 500 mg-750 mg available at most vape / head stores . Mind you , these doses are still small at less than 1 gram .

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:28 pm

I haven't (I can't be anywhere near it), but all I can say is be careful with it. It's like any other medication, it affects different people differently and can have side effects. It is also barely researched and not the most controlled for quality. If you are going to take it, start on a low dose to make sure you aren't having any major negative affects.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia