Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 8:33 am

I feel like a loser for still not having met someone or seeing someone this Valentine's day. I feel like I've got no chance if I do something like going to club on the weekend which is not really the place I want to go to where its loud with people falling over the place with their drinks and I don't see how its fun to get drunk I think sometimes it makes look embarrassing and the music is just the usual chart stuff. I'm living in essex, and I seem to think everyone here tries to make themselves look someone out of The Only Way is Essex and I don't match that because I've got quite long blonde hair, into reading books and stuff. I remember thought I looked a bit like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Haha!
I've been on a dating site and hardly anyone now bothers to message me back and just view me and that's it. Strangely I do like being single at 29 and I have been for a while and I've only had girls as friends not girlfriends but I do sometimes feel lonesome. I do feel like only one and everyone else has met someone and doing something right now to celebrate today.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 9:49 am

Straight away, as a quiet, thoughtful reader, you sound better than the people you appear in the first part of your post to be envious of.

Sex is an addictive, harmful drug and "romance" is mental illness. Please don't allow yourself to fall into either of these traps.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 9:54 am

There's other places to meet suitable ladies other than clubs and dating sites.

Are there lectures in your area on intellectual subjects?

Shaggy doesn't really have "long" hair. It's more like "thick" hair.