Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 5:34 pm

So I had a meeting with my mental health caseworker... It mostly had to do with issues surrounding my husband but we talked about diagnosis too... I mentioned ASD but she looked in the computer and my psychatrist put in a note that she had considered it but ruled it out... But caseworker said "I don't agree with the doctor" but actually we were talking about the rest of my dx too so I don't know which part she referenced... Anyway I have had plenty of other people think I was on the spectrum but I'd like to ask the doc what made her rule the dx out?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 7:47 pm

That doctor is going to go into defensive mode. She thinks you don't have autism because she has said so before, and that's only going to get more entrenched the longer you challenge her.

I think you should see about getting a different psychiatrist. You can say you just don't feel comfortable working with her - no more detail than that. There have to be others you can see on your insurance?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 10:15 pm

On my insurance there is only one office I can go in town but there are other doctors there. I think... Actually I have Medicaid and Medicare and I might be able to go to somewhere that takes just the Medicare but I would probably have to pay some out-of-pocket in that situation.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020